Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Going to Connecticut

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2008, 11:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to Connecticut

Hey all. I am moving from Seattle and getting stationed in Groton Ct. Going to Submarine Force IDC school there. I'll be leaving weds or so. Anything cool to see along the way, ya know, cool road trip stuff, worlds biggest ball of yarn or anything? So far I have Mt Rushmore and Niagra falls on the list. Also, whats it like out there? I'm a dedicated rider year round up here in this rainey **** part of the state, so it irks me when some folks say, "ohhhhh, your not gonna ride there..." So, I have some aerostitch winter gear on order, and some carbide studs for my XT also on order, I'll send them jerks a pick of me bombin through a snow drift! Anyways, whats it like and all up there from you guys that know the area? I'm digging it cause the hunting is supposed to be great and thats all I really care about. I heard they have some stupid gun laws on the books but I'll figure those out in enough time. Also, wife has never been to NYC, I used to go there on 96's when I was in 2d MARDIV every new years eve, so that'll be fun, plus Boston is a hoot. Anyhow, just trying to get the scoop and all. I hear allot of people say it sucks, but then again they were only there long enough to bitch about it and not do anything. I'm a firm believer that anyplace is what you make of it. Well, except 29 palms, I would consider getting out if I ever pulled orders there.....so what do you guys think?

Old 09-26-2008, 12:38 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Going to Connecticut

Maybe a look at Google earth for points of interest ?
I find it useful ......
Good luck with your latest deployment.

Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 AM

Thanks. I'm not deploying anytime soon. I'll be in school for a year and change.

Old 09-26-2008, 10:57 AM

[:@][:@][:@]Tried to reply, send me PM if you want to ride when you get here... HTTP ERROR 403... dammit!!!

http://www.jud.ct.gov/LawLib/Law/firearms.htm

http://www.ct.gov/DPS/cwp/view.asp?a=2158&q=294502

Short of my reply... You can ride here until first freeze, then the town trucks dump LOADS of sand/salt all over the place, nmaking it highly unsafe to be on two wheels. Gun law links above...