Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Go Rays Biatches!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 12:33 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Go Rays Biatches!!!!!!!!

$10 TO PARK MUAHHHH AHAHAHAH HAHAHA HA

ITS $30-40 to park for a regular season game within a mile of fenway park....

i can't typically afford to go to many games...im not condoning it by any means, just saying it sucks. my wife for my birthday in 2005 got us 2 tickets to see the sox vs yankees....out by peskys' pole, stub hub tickets $280 each....OUCH.

in the middle of the winter like january, the redsox put on sale tickets for about 30-40 home games......you go in a "virtual waiting room" and buy tickets....you log in at 10am, and stay until you get your chance or the tickets are sold out.....i stayed and got zero tickets for 6 hours until everything was gone....thats in the middle of the F-ing winter......and your telling me its "hard" to go to a rays game when you can walk up to the door and still buy a ticket?

Old 10-17-2008, 12:42 PM

never said its hard to goto the rays game...just me and alot of people round here cant really afford to. i go whenever i can just cant go as much as i want. my dad's got a partial season tickets (like 40 or so games) and i just usually go wit him since its alot cheaper, more like free lol. its def not hard to get a ticket to the rays games at all like at boston or new york, just cant afford to go there. thinkin bout buyin a small batch of tickets next year, they wont be in a good spot at all but hopefully will make it a bunch cheaper...just have to tailgait in the parkin lot lol

Old 10-17-2008, 03:00 PM

Phillies!

Old 10-17-2008, 05:09 PM

ORIGINAL: dizzie56

ORIGINAL: Hayden06F4i

anyone who is now coming out as a rays fan at this point is a bandwagon jumper.....

and that is COMPLETE Bull ****e about Rays games being expensive.....i was planning a trip to Florida midseason, and wanted to go see the Trop.....well let me put it this way....the seats i usually get in Boston for $140 or so.....were $20 bucks at the Trop......so don't give me that BS about it being expensive.....a 12 oz. light beer (draft) at fenway is $8.......

so.......a seven run comeback........how you like that Rays?

on a side note regardless of who makes it to the WS from the A.L. i will be cheering hard for them...i have alot of respect for the Rays.....just not their fanwagon
first off, been sayin go rays since the beginnin of the season so idk what your talkin bout.

second, im glad that you can afford a $140 ticket to a game, meanwhile, me and most people round me cant even afford the $20 tickets at the trop. Lets see, $20 for the ticket; $10 just for the gas to get there, $10 to park, $8 for a beer, $6 for a hotdog, and like $3 for a bag of peanuts...adds up to $57. Now, i can afford that once in a while, but sure as hell not three to four times a week. And the people that live around the stadium, well, the stadium is right next to the hood and some of the projects...they def aint afforden that ****e. Just cheaper to watch the games at the house when i got the time to.

and aint nobody happy bout that game last night, but it aint over till its over kid. so till then, just be like every other red sox fan and just go and run your mouth for a bit to make yourself feel better.

Damn, I was so psyched to see this thread when the game ended last night, and Catmang saying he hopes the sox now win was worth it!! lol

Now THIS DUDE is a different story...this guy's team (which he hardly follows) makes the playoffs once, for the first time ever, and now he's got a reason to run his mouth. It's like the team $hits gold nuggets or something...best team ever, yah!!

First off, can you prove your first off?!?! A thread link perhaps?!?

Second off, must suck to live in Florida. It really does sound great, but no thanks, not for me. I'd rather spend $140 for one-two games a year up here than go to 7 $20 games down there. $57, wow, bank breaker...I make that in just about how long it's going to take me to type up this here reply. Another advantage of living in the industrialized north...I know people that fly to Tampa to see the Sox down there because a flight on Southwest and a ticket to a Rays game is cheaper than going to Fenway.

And you finish it up by saying, "and aint nobody happy bout that game last night, but it aint over till its over kid. so till then, just be like every other red sox fan and just go and run your mouth for a bit to make yourself feel better." Now that's a sign of pure genious right there, and I'm not even talking about the grammar.

Now, there are alot more people that are happy about the game's outcome than are sad, and you do realize that "your team" is still only 1 game away from the World Series, yet your saying "it aint over till its over kid." Now that makes no sense, and your right,it will be over when the Sox take games 6 and 7 on your home turf. (See how 2004 and 2007 ALCS started and turned out)

You also say that we should go and run our mouths to make ourselves feel better. Isn't that EXACTLY what you are doing in this thread?!?!? As a matter of fact, I KNOW it is since your giant red text proves that it is.

And I'm willing to bet that your one of those rednecks that has cut his hair and died it blue, am I right?!?!? Just like this guy, one of Florida's finest:

http://homerderby.com/archives/2537

And what does Ben Affleck and Matt Damon have to do with me or Haydenor the Red Sox or this thread?!?!? Your just making yourself sound dumber than you already have by throwing that out there... am I supposed to get pissed about you cranking on Ben Affleck and Matt Damon because they are Sox fans?!? I don't care much for either of them...

Let me give you an example, how bright do I sound if I say this:

"Your mouth called and it said it wants it's teeth back." Not very, right? You have no idea how much dumber I feel after reading your posts in this thread.

Old 10-17-2008, 05:21 PM
Retired Moderator

Funk,
I would disagree that MORE people are happy to see the Resox win last night. Everybody I know HATES New England sports teams. Basically like any other teeam that strings several good years together, eveybody is sick of them. Maybe less for the Celtics (who I f_cking HATE...Laker fan here), but the Pats and the Sox are a victim of their own success. I am rooting that anyone wins but the Redsox.

EDIT:
P.S. Dizzle is a good egg as are you. We have been getting lock happy because of the bickering, but open debate is cool, just no handing out titles like "Tool". Same goes for the rubuttle, Diz.

[sm=bicker.gif] [sm=badidea.gif]

Old 10-17-2008, 07:17 PM
Banned

BWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA....

K, my 2 cents. I hate all New England sports, most especially the Patriots. I don't really like any team in baseball, but I do HATE one. The Yankees. Therefore, I am a Red Sox fan for the 3-0 comeback. Despite what my feelings may be on baseball teams, jfunk is schooling your *** in this debate dizzie. My homeboys are the Pirates, and I will openly admit that I am a fair weather fan that would jump back on the wagon if they started winning again. The only team I've NEVER been a fair weather fan for was the Penguins. I was going to those games when they were in dead last place, and I'm damn proud of that.

Anyways, I'm gonna duck back under my desk while you 2 continue the bickering...I love a good debate.

Old 10-18-2008, 10:14 AM

in light of the game tonight i think its only fair to bring this thread back to page one!

GO SOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

voo doo i think what jfunk meant buy more people happy the sox won is speaking to game 5 specifically where the great comeback was in place.....sometimes people just like to see history regardless of whos doing it......

example: if the yankees lost the most games in single season history next year, id be more than happy to be a part of cheering for it.....

Old 10-18-2008, 11:34 AM
Retired Moderator

example: if the yankees lost the most games in single season history next year, id be more than happy to be a part of cheering for it.....
You're time is gonna come.

Old 10-18-2008, 12:56 PM

haha, everyones does eventually.....

Old 10-18-2008, 02:39 PM
Banned

haha, everyones does eventually.....
Unless you live in Pittsburgh...