Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girlfriends/boyfriends concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2011 | 11:25 AM
|

Originally Posted by meggers
When I first started riding my ex would call me all the time and act like I'm gonna die...

And at this point.. I really don't think I could date a guy that didn't ride. I think it would be awkward. Kinda first and foremost what I look for in a guy.. Is that horrible?

I advertise less and less verbally that I ride.. don't have to cause I'm always riding. Clients walk out the back of the salon to smoke and ask who's bike? Then followed by any combination of the usual comments, "That's scary...", "That's cool.", "OH MY GOD, DO YOU WEAR A HELMET!?!?!" Crap like that... Any comments at all are kinda getting old, but I'm gonna do it no matter what people say, so whatever.
haha thats funny, ive seen a few girls who ride bikes.. one of them has a white/silver scheme cbr at my school =O

Old 06-15-2011 | 12:05 PM

my wife just asks "is your life insurance up to date?" every time i go out. It's her short cut way of saying she thinks it's dangerous but knows i love to ride, so i'll make a little joke about it...

I'm sure it's hard for the non-riders to understand what drives us to ride; the danger is part of the appeal, but i get how worried they must feel when they hear riders going down all the time in the morning traffic reports

Old 06-15-2011 | 12:47 PM

my respone is usually something along the lines of "there alot more stories in the news about people dying in car wrecks then they're are ones about motorcycles wrecks, but you don't think twice about getting in one of those everyday."

Old 06-15-2011 | 01:50 PM

yup re: the car wrecks...my Dr. friend also jumps on the bandwagon with my wife, saying that she and her colleagues in the E.R. refer to our bikes as "donor cycles." Whatever. I know there are risks involved with riding, and they're different from car risks. Knock on wood, but I've been riding without a serious accident for most of my life (ahem - I'm knocking on the mid-century door), and I've learned to expect that every car, every time, is going to try to hit you, and to take my ego out of the equation when I'm "sport" riding. Not fool proof, for sure, but those thoughts help keep me from getting lazy and complacent at a moment when I most need to be engaged.

Old 06-15-2011 | 05:19 PM

My girlfriend worries about my safety but she told me she would never let me sell my bike b/c she knows how happy it makes me....i guess im kinda lucky!

Old 06-15-2011 | 07:46 PM
|

Originally Posted by pittsm
my respone is usually something along the lines of "there alot more stories in the news about people dying in car wrecks then they're are ones about motorcycles wrecks, but you don't think twice about getting in one of those everyday."

thats a pretty valid point haha

Old 06-16-2011 | 10:34 PM

Mine loves riding! I took my bike all apart and now shes pissed that we won't be riding for at least another week. I would pick her up from school on it, we go for rides, its a great way to get out together. And people get to see a teenage couple being responsible people, not some tatted up freaks with our whole faces pierced and black spiked hair, getting on a bike and enjoying their time. Any time I'm out on the bike or I have a dirtbike in my truck I am as courteous as possible, always trying to change people's view of motorcycle riders

Old 06-18-2011 | 01:18 PM
|

Originally Posted by Honda125 358
Mine loves riding! I took my bike all apart and now shes pissed that we won't be riding for at least another week. I would pick her up from school on it, we go for rides, its a great way to get out together. And people get to see a teenage couple being responsible people, not some tatted up freaks with our whole faces pierced and black spiked hair, getting on a bike and enjoying their time. Any time I'm out on the bike or I have a dirtbike in my truck I am as courteous as possible, always trying to change people's view of motorcycle riders
i would love to get picked up from school on a bike =(

but ye man looks like youre trying to make a name for us.. which is good

Old 06-19-2011 | 01:00 PM

My man gives me ...t for not riding with my mesh, and not riding with a helmet. Other than that, no problem about me riding. But my bike is mine, my life is mine, and i do what i want. So does not generally work out in the long run. As men like to be needed..

Old 06-19-2011 | 09:18 PM

At first, i started to talk bout getting a bike after my truck was paid off. So for a month I started to keep an eye out for what i was looking for. I found the one for me, and she told me "just get it"! She wasn't to sure bout the whole sport bike thing, but took her for a test ride, and she was hooked.

Now she is always telling me that we need to go for a ride. And loves the speed, curves and canyon rides!!!

Quick Reply: Girlfriends/boyfriends concerned?