Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girlfriends/boyfriends concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2011 | 01:37 PM

My girlfriend was concerned but never said anything to convince me otherwise. Now she enjoys riding with me and wants her own. She was also concerned when i said I was building a stunt bike and wanted to start stunting but again never voiced that I shouldn't. She does refuse to watch me do it though.

Old 06-13-2011 | 02:19 PM

Mine fought me tooth and nail until i decided she would get over she still worries but its not as bad now. She wont ride with me though..

Old 06-13-2011 | 03:48 PM
|

Originally Posted by pittsm
my wife was always against it. but you know how it goes, persistance overcomes resistance EVERYTIME.

heh, needless to say she got sick of me badgering her about it and finally said "do whatever you want" which i took as "yes". Either way I had a bike in the garage within a week. rofl

she's slowly starting to come around though, i've had it for about a year now.
lol nice, has she ever ridden with you on it?

Old 06-13-2011 | 04:09 PM

Also my female cousin has her license but her boyfriend doesn't want her getting one. Go figure.

Old 06-13-2011 | 05:02 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2

I started riding in '79, about 1/2 the time since, bikes have been my main transportation. Been riding in sleet, hail, rain and snow. The other times, it was always my back-up.

In '98, I was rear-ended and it messed my back up bad enough I couldn't ride. So I was forced to buy a rollerskate with my insurance money.

I met my wife about 2 years after I was bike-less. So she hadn't known me as a rider when we were married in 2000. Then it's been house, kid, etc. expenses, so replaceing the bike was always a back-burner priority.

Lately, after a few years of whining, she commented, "I've never seen you eye other women, but I'm jealous of all the bikes you are always lusting after! Go get one if it will make you happy."

Woot! That secret motorcycle stash fund I was working on? Suddenly it was going to be handy. Started looking last September. The day after Thanksgiving I found my beastie. ;-)

DD (my wife) trusted that I wasn't bulling her about my skill level. After I went over everything and assured myself that the bike was up to my standard, she climbed aboard. She did insist after a couple of rides that I get a back-rest for her. Hence the Givi tail-trunk, instead of saddle bags.

We just picked up a pair of chaps for her Saturday, so I guess that makes her an 'official' "biker babe".

Ern

Old 06-14-2011 | 01:04 PM
Official CBRF Decal Man

I have to say my ex wasn't stoked but did say I could buy the bike! And well now I ride like this
Name:  255607_180654128655014_100001312834004_439607_3746552_n.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  37.1 KB
Yep that's me on the copper SV!

And now well she doesn't like it, but is a little okay with it because I ride track only! But does worry ill leave this world on a bike.

Old 06-14-2011 | 03:31 PM

I just got sick of fighting with her about it and said im doing it ans as suspected she got over it lol.I dont have to fight to get her to ok better gear.. she just says.. it not cheap. its not either.. but im pretty sure getting skin graphs is more expensive

Old 06-14-2011 | 07:46 PM

i wanted a CBR for 5 years...wife knew i did, we didn't have the money. we pop out two kids, i want a diesel truck...she says no to truck and SUGGESTS i get the bike instead my reverse psychology worked

Old 06-14-2011 | 10:33 PM

When I first started riding my ex would call me all the time and act like I'm gonna die...

And at this point.. I really don't think I could date a guy that didn't ride. I think it would be awkward. Kinda first and foremost what I look for in a guy.. Is that horrible?

I advertise less and less verbally that I ride.. don't have to cause I'm always riding. Clients walk out the back of the salon to smoke and ask who's bike? Then followed by any combination of the usual comments, "That's scary...", "That's cool.", "OH MY GOD, DO YOU WEAR A HELMET!?!?!" Crap like that... Any comments at all are kinda getting old, but I'm gonna do it no matter what people say, so whatever.

Quick Reply: Girlfriends/boyfriends concerned?