Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girlfriends/boyfriends concerned?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2011 | 10:02 PM

I'm single but I have a cat that I found. My cat doesn't care what I do as long as she has food in her bowl.

Old 06-12-2011 | 10:12 PM
|

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
I'm single but I have a cat that I found. My cat doesn't care what I do as long as she has food in her bowl.
LOL i once found a kitty too, it had no tail though =/

Old 06-12-2011 | 10:24 PM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti

Originally Posted by TimBucTwo
this.

Old 06-12-2011 | 11:50 PM

Mine was kinda worried. One of her friends just died about 6 months ago on one. So that didn't help. She isn't too worried now.

Old 06-13-2011 | 01:38 AM
July 2008 ROTM

All of the girlfriends I've had since I started riding have enjoyed motorcycles, and would never make me give it up. My ex girl got her own bike less than a year into our relationship and still rides (until a recent accident with a minivan, which she's still waiting for insurance to deal with :-/ )

Old 06-13-2011 | 07:06 AM

my wife was always against it. but you know how it goes, persistance overcomes resistance EVERYTIME.

heh, needless to say she got sick of me badgering her about it and finally said "do whatever you want" which i took as "yes". Either way I had a bike in the garage within a week. rofl

she's slowly starting to come around though, i've had it for about a year now.

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:45 AM

shortly after I got my first bike my girl and i broke up ( she is still worried about me riding to this day) ... on another note I'm surprised how many of my female friends are concerned about my safty...

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:46 AM

My wife doesn't worry too much, but I don't drive like an idiot and it is nothing more than a hobby for me - something I casually enjoy. I try not to ride on really busy roads (with lots of stop and go traffic)

Old 06-13-2011 | 08:53 AM
Welcome Crew and May 2012 Ride of the Month

My gf told me before I got my bike that we needed a 2nd vehicle for me to commute on that was good on gas and cheap on insurance so I came home with an F4i
She isn't fond of sportbikes as her dad has a cruiser and she prefers the backrest but she would not get on it at the beginning then I got her a helmet and jacket and took it nice and slow the first couple of times when it wasn't busy on the streets to show her its not that bad and she likes it when ever we can find a sitter for the little one (she just doesn't want to do long trips as she says its really uncomfortable) which is fine with me because then I can get into the twisties

Old 06-13-2011 | 09:22 AM

None of my ex's were excited that I rode, but it was never a deal breaker either. I did enjoy taking them on the back when I could convince them to go, but it is nice to have the bike for "me time."

Quick Reply: Girlfriends/boyfriends concerned?