Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girl Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 02:42 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ask if she would like to grab a coffee on a break/lunch. If she says no, well its a good indicator.

Last edited by pacemaker; 09-13-2011 at 02:49 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:06 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you are her shrink I don't think it's inappropriate for you to ask her out. Either just ask her out or be creative and make her laugh whilst doing so. In my experience women love that extra effort since they probably get asked out all the time (the normal boring way).

Are you ready to go out with another girl though? As someone who is also going through a break up the attention is nice... but I wouldn't want anything with anyone at the moment (dating included) besides just company etc.

If you turn out to like like this girl but don't feel ready to get into something then that just might mess you up a bit. I mean, do you like this girl because you like her, or just because she's nice to you, you're not fighting with her and she gives you the kind of attention you might need/feel like right now? Just a thought..

Last edited by UnderAssumedName; 09-13-2011 at 06:11 AM.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:21 AM
Crazy CBR Salvage Guy. RIP
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Then we might be able to give useful advice.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:23 AM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Now a days...no body ask girls for phone numbers? Ask what's her name (& last) . Then ask if you can Facebook her? If she does not have Facebook, then you know this girl is truely as pure as they get. (no if Facebook account) Ask for her email, so you can send her some useful information via online regarding related issues about any computer topic.

I find it much easier asking for an email rather than a phone number....at least she will know your not being too direct?

This is just an suggestion, alternative choice from asking for ph#.

Old 09-13-2011, 07:56 AM

In this situations, I always tend to think that the simplest solution... sometimes we dont get what we want, just because we don't ask for it. I dont think asking her phone number is against the law of any normal institution. Just be natural mate!

If you dont want to ask directly, what about saying to her that you are going to be in the pub around the corner with some friends afterwork? Invite her to join you. If she says that she will pop in, you better convince a friend or two to go to the pub afterwork that evening. The downside is that, for sure, you will have to pay all the beers they take (and probably more than a few! )

Old 09-13-2011, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
Simple
Next time tell her "You know the rules prohibit me from socializing with people I find interesting during work. But if I were to run into such a person while I was having a drink at <specific bar> on <specific day> around <specific time frame>, it'd be ok"

Then be there and see what happens. But you better be there

Originally Posted by Trey929RR
Just ask her flat out for her number, and go from there.

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Jesus - n00b. Ask her name. Then ask her if she wants to get a drink sometime.

If you're too chicken for that - get the name, then use the magic little easy-laid button we all call Facebook and find her on that. Shoot her a friend request and bam. Pretty much fishin with dynamite after that.

I'm willing to bet that the no socializing rule is something along the lines of, "don't have your buddies in there BS'ing and shooting the breeze, being loud while people are trying to work and asking for help that you're not giving it because you're too busy joking around."

I'm sure a short 2-5 minute conversation with said girl won't lead to you the hangman's post.

And I guess I will be the first to say it, of said ex and said lab girl so the forum can help you better decide which transaction to take.

Edit: TK beat me to it, Good Man!

Old 09-13-2011, 02:55 PM
Party Animal, ROTM June 2014

I think we need to see pics to make sure it is worth your time!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:12 PM

Did you ask her to hang-out yet? Lab class ends at 4, everyone knows that. You better be on a date with her right now, if not, What is her name, Nate will do it for you via facebook. If she doesn't have a facebook then just face-to-face ask her. That is what a true Spartan would do. Live long and prosper!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by vfrman
I think we need to see pics to make sure it is worth your time!
Yeah! that´s definitely what you should do. Next time she pops in your office just tell her:
- Hey hey, stop in there!
- What are you doing?
- I am taking a picture of you?
- A picture? A picture for what?
- I will just post a pic of you in forum about motorbikes so that people can tell whether you are worth a date.
- Really?? Wait, let me put some make-up on.

Go for it!

Old 09-13-2011, 04:14 PM
August 2011 ROTM

Originally Posted by pacemaker
Ask if she would like to grab a coffee on a break/lunch. If she says no, well its a good indicator.

Quick Reply: Girl Advice