Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Girl Advice

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Girl Advice

So me and my girlfriend broke up a bit ago, still kinda broken up over it but thats not the point of this...

I work in a computer lab on my universities campus, where I am not allowed to really socialize and have to sit at a secluded desk for people who need help.

Last week this girl comes in and was having some problems on multiple occasions and we were joking around as I helped her and such but I felt it would be totally in appropriate to try to get her number or anything of that nature since I was working. Then when she left we joked and she was like "maybe ill be back to give you trouble tomorrow" or something of that sort, but I didnt work the next day.
She came back today when I was in there and instantly locked eyes, smiled, and started jokin around and such.

However, I NEVER see her other than when I am working

My question is how do you guys suggest I go about trying to get this girls number or to hang out, if she continues to come and be flirtatious when I am workin?

If you dont have honest legit advice, save it. Thanks guys!

Old 09-12-2011, 09:50 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Simple
Next time tell her "You know the rules prohibit me from socializing with people I find interesting during work. But if I were to run into such a person while I was having a drink at <specific bar> on <specific day> around <specific time frame>, it'd be ok"

Then be there and see what happens. But you better be there

Old 09-12-2011, 10:12 PM

damn kuro, mr. smooth..

but on topic, i think you should try socializing a little bit with her (get to know her a bit) then just ask her if she wants to go for coffee or something (most modest way to ask for a date lol) by the way you described her i dont think she would say no and if she does then oh well you can hit on the next girl who wants help =P

Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 PM

I know you said you really aren't allowed to socialize, but you flirt and joke aroud and such so, are you not allowed to ask her directly for her number?? I would personally just ask her for her number and tell her you find her interesting and want to get to know her / hang-out. From my experience girls like confidence but not cocky. they like a little chase, play her game. Just ask her flat out for her number, and go from there. BTW, a Trojan Man commercial just came on... seriously. good luck.

Old 09-12-2011, 10:31 PM

The joking and such is more short and sweet, not like sitting and holdin a conversation with her. And to be honest, don't you think it would be awkward to be the person everyone probably acknowledges most (since your the only worker in there) to ask someone for their number or a date in a dead silent place?

Maybe its just me ha

Old 09-12-2011, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Tremar
The joking and such is more short and sweet, not like sitting and holdin a conversation with her. And to be honest, don't you think it would be awkward to be the person everyone probably acknowledges most (since your the only worker in there) to ask someone for their number or a date in a dead silent place?

Maybe its just me ha
I understand your situation. but given I just recently went thru a break up after 3 years. here's how I see it. first off if she seems stable, not a freak, or maybe a potential crazy and if she is just too attractive to resist...

then go for it man! next time or if she does come in and she starts talking to her, wait until you two are done with what is mostly said and just simply ask her if she would like to meet up outside of where you work and hang out some time. trust me you have nothing to lose when you don't really have her in the first place. Women like a guy who are straight forward and know what they want. she came back a second time right? She just might be trying to get you to ask her out by coming back. Please, just got for it man! and let us know what happens! I wish you luck man!

Old 09-12-2011, 10:41 PM

If it is dead silent then can they hear you fliting?? If it is that hush-hush, write it in a program, make it a .wps file or something and have her read it there on the computer, make a webpage with your number and give her the address, you deal with computers, if you can't talk then come up with something inventive like that.(website is a little much but just an example) That's my best advice if you can't say "call me if you want to hang-out" and hand her your number. God-Speed!

Old 09-12-2011, 11:10 PM

Jesus - n00b. Ask her name. Then ask her if she wants to get a drink sometime.

If you're too chicken for that - get the name, then use the magic little easy-laid button we all call Facebook and find her on that. Shoot her a friend request and bam. Pretty much fishin with dynamite after that.

Old 09-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Jesus - n00b. Ask her name. Then ask her if she wants to get a drink sometime.

If you're too chicken for that - get the name, then use the magic little easy-laid button we all call Facebook and find her on that. Shoot her a friend request and bam. Pretty much fishin with dynamite after that.
lol and Nate drops the bomb!

Old 09-13-2011, 12:15 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^ Is there any other answer?

I felt it would be totally in appropriate to try to get her number or anything of that nature since I was working.
I don't think those rules apply if you're both students. It may be slightly inappropriate if you're a 50yr old professor, tho, who's only working in the comp lab to hit on young girls.
Either way, I still say go for it.

But seriously... just ask her.

Quick Reply: Girl Advice