Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ghosts ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008 | 07:23 PM
Default RE: Ghosts ?

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

ORIGINAL: Juliet

There is religion and there is a belief in God or a God like force or energy, whatever you want to call it ..I have never equated or connected the two, religion is a man made way to tell you how to believe, to program you ..to control you ... I have never and will never follow man made rules, besides, religion has been the cause of more misery and evil than almost anything evar!! ..but, I do believe in God, but thats just me!!
Jules
Gods , physical or inanimate, in one form or another have been intrinsically tied and created together within and by religions since the beginning of mans awareness in time..

I am curious as to how you separate them in the statement above Jules ??
I have said earlier in this thread that due to personal and my own life experiences that I believe in God or a God like energy, such as good and evil, the existence of God to me is independent of religion, religion just tells me how I should believe in God and how I should worship him. I wont be told how to worship God or how to believe in him ..I can believe in him without a set of rules but like I said thats just me and this is all so subjective. If you tell me you dont belive in God that is fine by me too, I wont try and persuade you otherwise but when people can come on and say categorically there is no God or there is a God then I have a problem with that because you cant say for 100% sure. All we have are our own beliefs and mine are that I do believe.

Jules

Old 11-15-2008 | 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

Hmmm... ?
tension

I did say that I was just curious how you separate them...

Subject dropped...
yu strop

Gosh Steve, you read tension there?? ..no, ..I just have my own beliefs and I respect others beliefs too ... everyone has different life experiences and values and to me its the intolerance of others' beliefs and valuesthat is half the problem with this world ... lets say I believe in God and you dont, thats it, end of story, it doesnt mean we cant get along or I cant love you as a friend or we cant go out and have fun or ride bikes in the sun together ... yet some people will shoot each other over it ..total insanity!!

Jules

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:18 PM

C'mon Steve where are you?? ..are you writing yet another bloody essay in pirate speak for me to decipher in these wee small hours ..lol

Jules

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:23 PM
|
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon

That has to be the longest and most involved threadjack in HISTORY ![X(]
You folks are getting into a discussion on religious beliefs, which, along with political opinion, are as diverse as the number of people on the planet ! (and are against Forum policy)

I asked you about ghost stories .................Apparitions, bumps in the night, dishes getting thrown around, that sort of thing. It's evolved into a discussion that could get the thread locked.

C'mon, where are the spook stories.........?

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:28 PM

Pete, I am so sorry .. I do have ghost stories too but often, fear of ridicule stops us actually posting this kinda stuff ..but it is hard to separate the two, if you believe in ghosts then you believe in the afterlife etc etc ... I know, I know politics and religion ..very iffy stuff .. ok when I am ready my ghost story will emerge!! :-)

Jules

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:52 PM
|

C'mon, Kiddo, 'fess up !
I need a good shiver story - it's 4.53AM and just getting light........
Woooooooo wooooooooo !!
Nearly time for Sunday ride !

Old 11-15-2008 | 08:59 PM

ORIGINAL: Shadow

Cmon, Kiddo, 'fess up !
Oh hell, this is where I lose all credibilty Pete, and I had non to start with ..you really gonna make me do this??

Jules

Old 11-15-2008 | 09:03 PM
|

PM it if you like, I never laugh at my friends, I laugh with them.......[X(]

Quick Reply: Ghosts ?