Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ghosts ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 03:13 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ghosts ?

If demons really can posses someone. Why is it that it doesnt happen as often in modern times like it did a century ago? . why it is it only happens in super religious areas of the world, or to super religious people? Wouldnt it be easier for a demon to posses someone that wasnt faithful as thier soul would be easier to get to?

Dont get me wrong, the thought scares the crap out of me. And to me, thats exactly why the idea is placed there. Certain religions place scare factors in us to keep us going to church. The wrath of god and the fear of god. If there is a god, Im sure thats not the idea on his part. Im sure that entire idea is from the churches of the world.

I might be mistaken, butarent ghosts supposed to be demons playing tricks on humans? that the human soul rests until the time of reserection? If thats the case, why would anyone that is religious believe in ghosts?

Im not religious, but I do hope thier is an afterlife. I would certainly like to see family that has passed on again.

the real problem I have with religions is who is right? There are so many religions of the world that are so different, who's religion is correct?

The psychic that helps the police is interesting for sure. But are they really talking to dead people? If that were the case, why wouldnt more detectives use them? Why? because thier success rate is so poor. Around 1 percent. The only time police ever use a psychic is when they have exhausted all other resources as a last ditch effort. sometimes they get lucky. You dont hear about the times they dont help.... thats just not very interesting.

If your religious, then great, if not, then thats great too. I think as long as your a decent person and help people when you can and are just a good person, you are safe no matter what you believe. If there is an afterlife or heaven, Im sure the door will still be open even if you didnt believe while you were on this earth.

Hoosier,A water sounding noise in another room? If a ghost was really trying to make contact, why are they always making noises just out of sight of people? why wouldnt they do it in front of them? Heck, they are all downstairs around a table and the noise comes from upstairs? Oh, and conveniently the bathroom light is on? Ever since ghost hunters has taken off, your seeing a whole crop of shows like this. Full of personal feelings and noises in other rooms... thats it. Ghost are very popular nowadays and your going to see shows hoax peoplea lot now. Its good tv.

I guess thinking about it, people who believe in ghosts are going consider what ever event and chock it up to ghost evertime. Those that do not believe, will chock it up to something else everytime.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

Wouldnt it be easier for a demon to posses someone that wasnt faithful as thier soul would be easier to get to?
Why would they need to? In a world of social, cultural, and moral depravity, there's nothing for them to accomplish we haven't already done ourselves

Old 11-15-2008, 05:41 PM

[blockquote]quote:[/i]ORIGINAL: justasquid Wouldnt it be easier for a demon to posses someone that wasnt faithful as thier soul would be easier to get to? [/blockquote]
Why would they need to? In a world of social, cultural, and moral depravity, there's nothing for them to accomplish we haven't already done ourselves
Not really. As much as people like to make society today out to be the worst it has ever been, its not. People today are more tollerant of others than ever before. Look back just a couple of hundred years ago. We as a society had witch hunts. We hangings on a regular basis. we performed medical experiements on people who we thought were crazy. shock therapy, brain sugery without pain killers... this country was founded on some very evil doings.

the present is a much better time to be alive. What better time for the underworld to strike fear into us. We are a much less evil society than we used to be.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:28 PM

I haven't had the time to read all of the arguments here, but i do have some thing to share.

one of the first rules of physics is that man cannot create nor destroy energy. that being said, the human body contains energy, it has electrical currents and other things contained in it that cannot be destroyed. so, they have to go somewhere when the body dies. whether they maintain the appearance of the body, or just become floating "clouds" of energy... it's gotta go somewhere

this doesn't necessarily prove the existence of ghosts, but it does provide an explanation of potential energy sources.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:39 PM

ORIGINAL: itgbudeev

I haven't had the time to read all of the arguments here, but i do have some thing to share.

one of the first rules of physics is that man cannot create nor destroy energy. that being said, the human body contains energy, it has electrical currents and other things contained in it that cannot be destroyed. so, they have to go somewhere when the body dies. whether they maintain the appearance of the body, or just become floating "clouds" of energy... it's gotta go somewhere

this doesn't necessarily prove the existence of ghosts, but it does provide an explanation of potential energy sources.
Someone doesn't know their science all that well.

Old 11-15-2008, 06:50 PM

ORIGINAL: justasquid

People today are more tollerant of others than ever before.
Gota disagree. We only hide our intolerance now.

Old 11-15-2008, 07:09 PM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

There is religion and there is a belief in God or a God like force or energy, whatever you want to call it ..I have never equated or connected the two, religion is a man made way to tell you how to believe, to program you ..to control you ... I have never and will never follow man made rules, besides, religion has been the cause of more misery and evil than almost anything evar!! ..but, I do believe in God, but thats just me!!

Jules

Old 11-15-2008, 07:09 PM

ORIGINAL: Juliet

There is religion and there is a belief in God or a God like force or energy, whatever you want to call it ..I have never equated or connected the two, religion is a man made way to tell you how to believe, to program you ..to control you ... I have never and will never follow man made rules, besides, religion has been the cause of more misery and evil than almost anything evar!! ..but, I do believe in God, but thats just me!!

Jules
Thats call agnostic.

Quick Reply: Ghosts ?