Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Getting on the soap box

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 12:38 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting on the soap box

Whats with the young riders now a days, i know im gettin old and more uncool by the minute but really. I'm out riding and see a few guys stopped takin a break, so instead of revving the crap outa my bike, or taking off like a bat outa hell, i stop to say hi. While ungearing i saywhats up and hear a couple of "nice bike" from them, then the lid comes off and the look comes on there face. Well they quickly wipe it away and humor me with chat for a few min. I ask where they are riding and they say off to some twistys. I ask would you mind a tag along (i'm alone) and of all things they say we ride kinda fast and i doubt you could keep up. Usually i hear, no we're going home, or we're from outa town, and i usually see them 20 minutes later of course, but tonite took the cake. Well i'm in my upper 30's now and most of these kids are late teens early 20's and im prolly not cool, but why ya gotta b.s. Well guess what "kids" some of us "old" guys are still fun and know what the heck we are doing. When you were begging your mom to stay up and watch Knight rider i was at the drag strip runnin 11's. When you were at the prom trying to cop your first feel i was at road america turning laps. When you were finally graduating highschool i was taming the dragon. So yea i have been around the block a few times more then you, but that also means i can prolly get around it faster than you, and look better doing it. Now i'm not pointing the finger at everyone, most of the people i ride with are much younger then me, but if ya see an "old timer" on a rocket give um a chance, some of us are pretty good guys, and if you do let us ride, just try to keep up ok. Rant off.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:47 AM
Default RE: Getting on the soap box

So did you end up riding with them? If ya want to ride checkout www.mnsbr.com its a mn site but there arepeople from wi on here also not sure if they live by green bay but its worth a shot.

Old 07-12-2007, 12:53 AM

Chalk it up to a bunch of self important think they're better than they are ***-hats man! I dig riding with older guys cause they are most likely not so prone to show their *** and cause trouble, plus, like you've said, been around the block a few times and have more to share, maybe not just bikes, and are cooler to hang with. I guess if I was into speeding tickets, wrecking, and popping pimples on my face and chasing easy inexperienced poon, I'd strictly hang with the younger folks, but thats not my bag. So F them, consider the source.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:03 AM
Jan 2009 ROTM

ORIGINAL: psycojester

So did you end up riding with them? If ya want to ride checkout www.mnsbr.com its a mn site but there arepeople from wi on here also not sure if they live by green bay but its worth a shot.

Actually i did about the dumbest thing i have in a very long time, i followed them a lil ways back and when we hit the twisty's i blew there frickin mirrors off (safely as possible of course). In retrospect it was idiotic, but for some reason (bad day all around) i let them get me bent outa shape. Anyhow i learned my lesson.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:06 AM

+1

Old 07-12-2007, 01:12 AM

dude im 25 and get that look.....the auto turn off is if you start talkin technical and throw in words like apex etc...they roll out lol....there just the stunter can't ride anything but a wheelie crowd.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:16 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like some 20 something "my **** dont stink" kinda guys...if you ever rolled up next to me, id gladly ride along

Old 07-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm 56, been riding since 1968, I get that look, have done for a while now I guess. Maybe a lot of people see mee on a CBR & thinking that I'm having a mid life crisis. (I did, but instead of buying a sports car, walked out of my job & never went back) The club I belong to has all sorts of people, young, old & in between.
They all ride what their comfortable with. Some are gay, some are lesbians, and a lot of them are cops. On a ride we get on really well, comraderie from the joy of the ride. To me, thats part of wot riding is all about.
When I'm driving my car, I don't throw a wave at someone in their car going the other way, but on a bike I do. Anyway you know wot I trying to say, if these young guys don't get it, feel smug in the knowledge that their just wanna be's. Not real riders at all

Old 07-12-2007, 07:30 AM

Hell, even I feel old for a sport rider and I'm 27! Most of the ****'s around here are 18-21 at best. They also ride incredibly fast for public roads - there's normal fast for sportbikes, which is like 10-15 over, but these guys are going way over and they suck doing it too. I mean, they just look terrible with lines and everything.
The ones that brag about how "good" they are at riding fast are usually the suckiest. When you blew by them, did you give them the finger? hahaha

Old 07-12-2007, 07:37 AM

thats pathetic, we have a guy in our club thats48andhas a blackbird... no biggie! and if anything hes the craziest out of all of us and teaches us things! mostly bad things but hey learings, learning right!

i found the problem with your statement-- "while i was ungearing"
in my experience with people like that you should have told them that you owned a starbucks and you were heading home to get rid of that bs gearandyou were going to get some sandals, shorts and your abercrombie shirt on before hitting twisties because the extra weight of a helmet and gear slows you down...[sm=sorry.gif]