Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gettin flicked off?! How to handle it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2012, 04:40 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If its another guy that flicks me off....I blow them kisses....this really pisses them off lol. If its a woman, I ask them how they like it, doggie or reverse cowgirl.....I'm an a-hole though lol.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:07 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by ajzcamaro
If its another guy that flicks me off....I blow them kisses....this really pisses them off lol. If its a woman, I ask them how they like it, doggie or reverse cowgirl.....I'm an a-hole though lol.

haha, that's great. i don't flip people off as a rule and i can't stand the people that do either. flipping someone off does nothing. if someone cuts me off, i'll pull up next to them and give them the two fingers to the eye as in "look", but that's about it.

one pool guy flipped me off one time - after almost killing me. i was clearly in the lane, and he was weaving through traffic (late for an appointment or something?) cut me off and i emergency braked in order to keep from getting turned into road kill. at the next intersection, we were right next to each other and he started flipping me off. i kept telling myself the number on his truck the entire way home, and when i got home, i called his pool company's office in order to explain how dangerously he was driving. the lady seemed very concerned and said that she would definitely handle the situation

i don't know what happened to him, but i'm sure that a serious talk from the boss is way worse than anything i could have said to him.

a chick flipped me off one time when she dove into the turn lane i was in a little too late and didn't see me. i laughed and shook my head at her then waved my finger in a "no" motion and took off.

just remember - as a biker, you're GOING TO get cut off, people are not going to see you, and too many people have the "it couldn't possibly be my fault" attitude these days, so getting flipped off is going to be one aspect to riding. just chalk it up as one of the things you have to put up with in order to ride

Old 06-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

I greatly enjoy laughing at them. Seems to really **** people off when they're already mad enough to let you know and you just laugh at them. Them I yell an insult about their mother and ride/drive away.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:10 PM
February 2012 ROTM
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

It takes one person to be a stupid punk...flipping people off when it's their own problem. It takes two people to cause road rage, getting out of control. Smarter to be neutral without eye contact, end of day, you are the one without a grudge.

i.e. I was behind a car on a red light. Light turn green, I was patience to count 1, 2, 3...3 seconds later I honk my horn to let them know it's green....stupid punk flip me off, then when we pass, he pull aside of me and did it again....there will always people like this....

Old 06-24-2012, 01:33 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All good advice, I def had the urge to react, but i guess its better safe than sorry! Especially in this town, one im mil, and two mixed, i dont get a lot of "Love" hahaha Either way ignore and laugh seems to be the best bet!

Old 06-24-2012, 01:35 AM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Pulled him out of the car and beat him half to death.

Obviously.
haha Or this

Old 06-24-2012, 07:22 PM

Ignored him, if he got out try to escape, if I couldn't ride off, well that's why I ride with my 9mm in my tank bag. Don't even have to take it out of the holster just move it from the bag to my hip, amazing the attitude change.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:11 PM
Default So I saw the same guy again!

So get this! I was riding today to catch bfast with a friend and guess how pulls up next to me?! The same lil F***ker that flicked me off! I couldnt believe it! I thought about everything in this post, and I decided to ignore the @$$. He remembered what I did, after the first light he refused to pull up next to me. Good news is, I know where he works, and realize I have been to his job a lot and know who he is I will meet up with this guy when I am on two legs and handle it accordingly! Mwahahaha

Honestly I am just gonna talk to him, if he wants to take it further so be it, but I wont start it.

Old 06-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Retired Super Moderator - At large E=MC2
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just keep in mind, if you approach him...it's no longer self-defense. It's assault and
he's the victim, since you initiated the encounter. The roles are reversed and he can
plead self-defense and/or press charges.

Just something to think about.

Ern