CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   Gettin flicked off?! How to handle it? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/gettin-flicked-off-how-handle-139547/)

NewSense45 06-23-2012 08:51 AM

Gettin flicked off?! How to handle it?

So I was driving to work yesterday morning and there is a turn where we have two lanes, its a pretty sharp turn, and the speed limit is 45. Anyway, I was making this turn and wasnt speeding cause it just started to sprinkle. Well this guy flys up on my ass and literally looks like he is going to take my tail off. So I gave my baby some good throttle and shot up to 55mph. I cruise at 55 all the way to the next intersection where I have to turn again, and this dude pulls up next to me flicking me off, and no not the casual he "F you guy" It was a FULL EXTENDED ARM AND FINGER flick off! :icon_pala:lol And he was jus starting at me, I didnt know how to handle that situation, I just stared back and when I went to say something he pulled off.....so i was looking for some input.

What do you do? WHat if this guy got out his car, should I even try to take the time to get off my bike or just roll out??

Shueisha 06-23-2012 10:32 AM

I would have just shook my head and looked straight, that tends to agitate them more than retorting

Indiana Hurricane 06-23-2012 10:36 AM

Yeah I ignore them and smile, if they get out of the car ride away

NateDieselF4i 06-23-2012 10:55 AM

Pulled him out of the car and beat him half to death.

Obviously.

Indiana Hurricane 06-23-2012 11:25 AM

Nate would ask the girl in the passenger seat to get on his bike then ride off. :icon_pimp:

MadHattr059 06-23-2012 01:26 PM

Since you don't know the guy and don't want to make the evening news,
Don't make eye contact, ignore his attitude BUT be aware of what he's doing.
If he gets out of the vehicle, leave!

If you stay, either one-of-two things happens...

1. He beats you like a drum and/or shoots you. This is considered bad form.

2. You beat him like a drum, and then he presses charges, the cops take his version
and you go to jail. Since you stuck around for the confrontation, you can't plead
self-defense, so your ride to work ends up costing you both money and your freedom.
This is considered very bad form.

Odds of you kicking his ass (which he would richly deserve), and then driving away...
Slim to none, since, by now, bystanders are phoning/videoing the incident and the
cops are moments away. If you do leave, now you're presumed guilty of assault,
and NOBODY (not even your mom) really believes that you didn't provoke/start it.

If you CAN'T leave, and have to kick his ass...when you win the encounter...stay and
administer first-aid (if needed) and wait for the first responder. Resist the urge for
that extra shot, while they're down (remember, you're the good-guy). Present as non-
threatening a front as you can and try to avoid inflamed or incriminating statements.

All of that said, usually these things DON'T excalate if you just don't do anything to further trigger the ****-head.

Ern

estate4life 06-23-2012 01:47 PM

Just cruise away....no problem.

tchyclutch7 06-23-2012 01:51 PM

I like the dramatic laugh (putting hands on belly like Santa Claus) then point and shake your head. It gets the point across that they amuse u and you really could care less what they think.

Aken 06-23-2012 03:00 PM

Smile and wave is usually my retort to people like that. If you weren't doing anything, then they obviously have their own problems - don't let them become your problems, too.

Now the people who do something stupid, like cut you off, or something that invokes you to honk your horn or something (regardless of when you're on a bike or not), and then they flip you off like you're the a**hole, that's when I get infuriated. The idiocy of the general public has its way of turning me into a road rager for sure.

Kevwa451 06-23-2012 04:09 PM

I like to pull my 2x4, chain, or cattle prod out of my jacket Road Rash 3D style and cause havoc.