Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Get rich quick schemes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 06:25 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Get rich quick schemes

We are happy when we achieve the clarity that it is a waste of energy to focus on what you are missing ... the key to true happiness is to take pleasure in what you do have :-)

Jules

Old 09-16-2008, 07:57 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's very little that I've bought in my life that ever actually brought me happiness.

- My computer is one. I wouldn't be doing things I love now, if I hadn't bought one back in 2000
- My F2...not because it's a thing, but the fact that I achieved a childhood dream. I don't need to have an RR. I might buy one anyway, but I really don't think it will give me significantly more satisfaction than my F2. The F2, fills my need. Plus, I have less stressed when it's thrashed up. I care about the safety, less so on the cosmetic. Maybe an upgrade to an F4i would be nice, but it's not a requirement, and the my happiness wouldn't increase significantly from what I currently own.

Though I do have a nice, house, it's only a house. I'd be just as happy (and maybe happier) if it were smaller (less to clean, cost less to buy, cost less to heat/cool). BUT, it's my neighbor's who are amongst my best of friends that make living where I live so worthwhile. I don't want to ever be judged because of what I live in, but for who I am. Home is where I am (or where the family is, if I had one).

I have a nice TV...I saved up for it (well, sold stock), but it's not needed. I does make watching movies more enjoyable, but I don't need to have the biggest baddest model.

A fancy car is not needed for me. It takes a lot of money that I could have easily placed into other things that would have provided me more long term satisfaction. I mean, seriously, I wouldn't mind a Porsche...but why spend the extra money, just to spend even more money on gas and insurance.

I find that I get a greater satisfaction out of life when I help someone else. When I make someone's life better, I feel better. The right relationship with the right person would make me happy and that really doesn't cost money either.

Old 09-16-2008, 08:13 AM

ORIGINAL: woo545

I find that I get a greater satisfaction out of life when I help someone else. When I make someone's life better, I feel better. The right relationship with the right person would make me happy and that really doesn't cost money either.
Absolutely Woo ... to love and be loved back is the greatest bringer of happiness there is, period!!

Jules

Old 09-16-2008, 08:42 AM

^^^

I hear everything you say above Steve, truly I do!! ..but, the reality is we cant save everyone ..all we can do is try our best to be good ourselves and lead decent lives ... funnily I didnt take anything you said as negative at all, rather I understand the disillusioned idealist in you .. even though you say you or I cant make a difference (I actually believe we can in a small way, lots of small ways make up a bigger way) ..its still no reason to give up and say stuff it ..nothing I can do ..imagine if the whole populace did that ... then hope truly dies ... just because the world is the way of me, me, ME, doesnt mean we have to be that way too ... we can simply accept that is the way of many people without being corrupted by it ourselves :-)

As for you and your posts I think you are a complete breath of fresh air to this forum ..you add another dimension and are funny in doing so :-)

Jules

Old 09-16-2008, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

I am a long time John Lennon fan ....
I hate the reality only because as you say ...
"we cant save everyone" and that ****s me to tears

Thank you for your positive view of my postings ... I do appreciate it..

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj-4t9drUlM

Jules :-)

Old 09-16-2008, 09:23 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic

I forgot to mention that if you see Gregg with those bloody keys out again on this thread ....
beg to him for me will you Jules ..
Oh believe me if this gets locked JulBot.exe will be on the rampage ..I believe in freedom of speech and anyway all our discussion has been about wealth and possessions which is related to this topic ... anyway it makes it all the more fun being able to go off on a tangent once in a while so long as we come back on track :-)

Right then ..getting rich quick ... I still say a gun and a mask!! ;-) ..lol

Or maybe pitbull dogs is the way to go!! ..lol

Jules