Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Get rich quick schemes

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2008, 02:05 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Get rich quick schemes

I'll give you $5,000 if you can fill this up with man-juice in 1 go:

Might need a good magazine first... something really freaky: like 3 midget twins and a goat.

Old 09-16-2008, 02:30 AM

even just the size on the comp screen would be impressive (but i have a widescreen HD, so it would be hehehe)

Old 09-16-2008, 02:31 AM

HAHAHA!!!!

Easy money right there

Old 09-16-2008, 03:03 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: DDCavi

Start relizing what you have instead of dont have. If that doesnt make you happy, your greedy.
These are wise words actually ... oh I know it sucks to want something badly that you cant have but you kinda have to reprogram yourself to accept what you have and be happy or content with that :-)

These days far too many people pin their hopes, dreams and happiness on material possessions or the aquisition of them and its completely wrong!! ... we cant take them with us and they are merely a dressing ... we are programmed by the media to want things and to want instant gratification all the time, theres no waiting for things anymore or being patient ..its all me, me, ME and now now NOW!! ...true happiness has to come from within yourself ..you need to look for a general contentment, a feeling of well being :-) .. once you have that then sure, having nice things adds to it but they should not be the reason for your happiness .. sometimes its a fact we can just simply never have the things we want so if we pin our well being on that, then what?? ... the way you have to look at is if you have your health and are generally happy then anything beyond this is a true bonus or blessing, if you are not happy then the accumulation of "things" is merely a temporary fix and never brings long term satisfaction ... you will find that people like this are constantly striving for bigger and better all the time, chopping and changing, never really finding what they are looking for ...

Quite simply they are worshipping a false God, money!!

I have wanted an RR since the day I set eyes on one, I still cant have one (yet) ..now I have to fix my wrecked F3 ..has this affected my happiness?? No, not in the slightest and it never will :-)

Jules

Old 09-16-2008, 03:16 AM

you want money the easy way? I'll give you $15k cash for your soul, 100k for your first born's soul, nothing for your wife's sorry. I in turn sell souls to satan, its a rather good gig with more and more people every day going to hell.

in all reality, you have to either be patient and simply save up for the toys you want, or be happy to have something that gets ya around. it took me 2 years and 7 bikes to find the one I'm truly happy with.

Old 09-16-2008, 03:34 AM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: Juliet

ORIGINAL: DDCavi

Start relizing what you have instead of dont have. If that doesnt make you happy, your greedy.
These are wise words actually ... oh I know it sucks to want something badly that you cant have but you kinda have to reprogram yourself to accept what you have and be happy or content with that :-)

These days far too many people pin their hopes, dreams and happiness on material possessions or the aquisition of them and its completely wrong!! ... we cant take them with us and they are merely a dressing ... we are programmed by the media to want things and to want instant gratification all the time, theres no waiting for things anymore or being patient ..its all me, me, ME and now now NOW!! ...true happiness has to come from within yourself ..you need to look for a general contentment, a feeling of well being :-) .. once you have that then sure, having nice things adds to it but they should not be the reason for your happiness .. sometimes its a fact we can just simply never have the things we want so if we pin our well being on that, then what?? ... the way you have to look at is if you have your health and are generally happy then anything beyond this is a true bonus or blessing, if you are not happy then the accumulation of "things" is merely a temporary fix and never brings long term satisfaction ... you will find that people like this are constantly striving for bigger and better all the time, chopping and changing, never really finding what they are looking for ...

Quite simply they are worshipping a false God, money!!

I have wanted an RR since the day I set eyes on one, I still cant have one (yet) ..now I have to fix my wrecked F3 ..has this affected my happiness?? No, not in the slightest and it never will :-)

Jules
So what you want us to do Jules?? Be a monk?

This world has enough for everyone's need but not for one man's greed - Mahatma Gandhi

Old 09-16-2008, 05:28 AM

ORIGINAL: CBRclassic
Very sweet words of advise and definately accurate .... to a degree ??

but Jules ... as much as I would love to live by these ever so sweet words ... can we these days?
Or is it an illusion that we , the eternal optimists try to live by , but really are not able too ...??
( you are going to get new fairings no matter what or how long it takes?? .... ) arent you....?
That is a personal ...material need ??
hey Steve :-) ... maybe some of what I said is not being understood ... dont misunderstand me, I am not against material possession or the aquisition thereof ... my problem comes from people pinning their well being and happiness on it all ... wholesome living and living right is definitely no illusion and is easily achievable ... it may be difficult for some because they have been brought up on a diet of material "must haves" and people judging them and who they are based on their money and possessions ..any clear thinking person knows this is all a croc and no way to live, or to live happily ...

I am saying wanting an RR is fine ... not being able to have it now and being miserable as a result is not fine ..that means you are pinning your happiness on the aquisition of said material objects .. I want one and know I will eventually be able to buy one from saving my money up ... this in no way affects my well being and if said bike does not materialise it will in no way affect my personal well being or ability to enjoy life ...

I could sign up to expensive finance and buy one and join the now, now, now brigade but I can wait ..theres time, there is always time and patience is a virtue ... people need to slow down and take stock of what they really have in this life ..the rest is just salad dressing ...

Material thing ?? gee , I have the whole shooting match myself ... Big expensive house , the cars the ride , the boat , the income, all the bull **** !!! ....
( I am a seventies child with all the hippie values impregnated into my head ), but have what I have ... , so I cannot tell others to not want what they dream of, or think they need for any reason ..

Its not about telling others what they can or cant have in this life ... its a whole philosphy of accepting that we cant have everything we want and to be happy with what we do have ... if the "thing" you want comes your way then that is a bonus but should not be the reason you are happy in general ...

Jules

Old 09-16-2008, 06:02 AM

Believe me when I say ....
I, deep inside , absolutely hate the real world as we have to deal with it today in reality....

Nooo!! ... dont hate the real world ..its what we are all a part of and what we are all trying to improve upon by living right and treating others right ...dont hate the world as something we have to deal with .. its truly a beautiful planet and thats without rose tinted specs ... we lead by example :-)

Jules

Quick Reply: Get rich quick schemes