Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

geocaching

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:17 PM
Retired Mod
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default geocaching

totally off-topic, but i was wondering if anyone else out there has tried this or even heard of it. geocaching is the "sport" of treasure hunting through the use of a gps. you go to this site http://www.geocaching.com/ and enter you zip code and a list of local caches pops up. you then download the waypoint into your gps (or enter the lat/lon manualy) and go searching. and by the way, it sounds easier than it is. the caches are usually pretty well hidden and the gps only gets you to the general area (some gps units are more accurate than others). my girlfriend and i have done a few of the hunts and it has been some good fun. just thought i'd share it for others to check out.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:18 PM
Default RE: geocaching

One of my jobs is in a sporting goods store and we get people in every now and again that are into this. They are mostly old fat wierd dudes but I'm glad there is entertainment out there for almost everyone.

Old 06-13-2006, 03:26 PM

never heard of it before last week. an older co-worker pointed out to me, and informed me that he's hidden a few caches. if you ever try it in PA, you may even find one of his. have fun with it though.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:53 PM

Ah but there is no reward?