Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Directv

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Directv

I was looking around on the internet today at work and I came across a website called slickdeals.net. I clicked on a link titled free Showtime for 6 months. The post said that a few Directv customers had received a flyer in the email with the following message: "This gift was especially prepared for you. Please accept the following with our compliments: six months of Showtime unlimited. Call 1-866-387-3373 and mention the code DVR4U2 when asked” I didn't really believe this but I called when I got home from work and now I have Showtime Unlimited free for six months. There was no commitment and it will automatically be cancelled at the end of the six months. Most of the people that replied to the post said that they had no problems when they called customer service and the few that did recommend calling back and talking to a different CSR if there was a problem.

Moderators if this post is inappropriate for this site please remove.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:37 AM
Default RE: Directv

I work at a bank and I see these "deals" quite often. People will sign up and 6 months later money is "mysteriously" withdrawn out of their account [:@] They have all sorts of problems getting the company to quit taking money out. Hope this doesn't happen to you. Best of luck!

Old 06-14-2006, 01:42 AM

The phone number is to Directv customer service. The lady that I talked to told me there was no charge and the service would automatically be canceled at the end of the six months. My neighbor is a director at one of Directv's larger customer service centers, I will ask him about the promotion tomorrow.

Old 06-14-2006, 01:44 AM

cool. let us know what you find out. i currently have dishnetwork