Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

There are those that...

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2006, 07:08 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default There are those that...

I want to know how many of you have crashed so far. 2 years and no wreck for me. I honestly don't think I will ever crash. Avoiding accidents is like a 6th sense to me. But you never know.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:23 PM
Retired Mod
Default RE: There are those that...

dont get too cocky corey! you cannot control everyone in their steel ramrods. i'm not wishing any misfortune on you but the odds are that the longer you ride, the chances of you going down are pretty good. whether it be from personal error, other driver error, or road/weather conditions.

Old 06-12-2006, 07:26 PM

and now you'vbe just jinxed yourself hahahahahahahahahahahahaha just kidding man i hope that if and when you do you dont get hurt that badly.

Old 06-12-2006, 08:06 PM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Charlie Sheen said it best while drunk at a party: "Only two types of motorcycle riders ... those that have crashed and those that are gonna crash."

Having repeated that little jem let me add that the severity of the accident is largely up to the rider. Do you blow past blind drives at ludicrous speed or fly down the right side of a 5 lane mainstreet kinda road? I personally don't think it's the high speeds that get most peeps but rather going to fast for conditions.

I've already done my tour eating asphalt -- I'll let you guys take your turns at the plate now

Old 06-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Absolutely true.... don't get cocky and start being careless, or less aware of the cagers around you. Always keep in the back of your mind that going down is a probabitlity at some point, and just make sure you're as prepared as you can be in that event.

Old 06-13-2006, 02:09 PM

I concur, riding conditions will take its toll on even the seasoned vet. Oil spots, Anti-freeze/Coolent puddles, are everywhere! Sudden catastrophic events are almost always likely to occur when your out having a good time, and always remember, everyone out on the road is out to make sure you can't ride anymore, either by eliminating you paralyzing you.

Old 06-13-2006, 05:02 PM

Going down isn't necessarily how you ride. Granted, being attentive, on the alert at all times, and keeping an escape route open are all good things to practice. But some things you just can't anticipate. Some things you have no control over. It could be some freak thing that happens once in a hundred years.

That's why I don't say never.

I haven't yet, and I hope if I ever do it's just a little minor inconvenience.

Keep your fingers crossed and like a friend I used to have always said: Don't be burning bread

Old 06-13-2006, 06:41 PM

ORIGINAL: CBRCorey

I want to know how many of you have crashed so far. 2 years and no wreck for me. I honestly don't think I will ever crash. Avoiding accidents is like a 6th sense to me. But you never know.
Man I try not to think like that. I also am pretty aware of whats going on around me but I also know that I cannot predict what every one else is going to do. Have you ever been in an automobile accident that wasn't your fault? If so apparently you didn't react fast enough. I know that it is way easier to manuever around stuff like that on a bike but you never know.

Old 06-13-2006, 09:41 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

i been riding for 4 years now and my 6th sence is always on...

I went down leaving work when there was no one even there. in a parking lot there was a wreck earlier that day that NO ONE CLEANED UP... Lots of broken glass, lots of oil, I didnt see it untill i leaned the bike to turn and it slipped out from under me then T-boned a curb.

to say you wont go down becuase you pay attention is as ignorant as Big Ben saying he dosnet need a helmet because he's "careful"

after all. if you never go down.. just ride every day in a Tshirt man! no worries right?... meh!

Old 06-14-2006, 06:10 AM
Retired Super Moderator

Been down three times....2 were my fault, one wasnt. The two that were my fault happened while i was stunting----and i'm mature enough to realize that if i'm gonna stunt, i run a higher risk of goin down. As for the one that wasn't my fault, well you can't always control what other riders and cars do around you.

I've been down with a summer jacket, a leather jacket, and with only a t-shirt. I now wear my leather jacket all of the time. That extra heat is well worth the extra protection from road rash, trust me.

-Adam