Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

general suggestion for the BBS opinions welcome please read/post mods/admin espcially

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default general suggestion for the BBS opinions welcome please read/post mods/admin espcially

general suggestion for the BBS opinions welcome please read/post mods/admin espcially

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

here is my suggestions... take it as you want... i mean no attack on anyone at all (other than scammers/thiefs and crooks)

with the ecconomy as it is, i believe that we will be seeing an increase in bikes that are stolen.... that being said the crooks naturally will be coming to the "bike" boards to pawn off their bounty as they know most of us prob dont make millions ...

that being said 99.9 of us when we see a great deal .. we buy it/jump on it .. etc... its human nature-ish

i was wondering if in light of this 'ecconomy/situation' if it would not be prudent to put in to place some 'stricter' selling rules/guidelines; for no other reason ... for safety of the board at large.

what are your feelings/suggestions on this ?

Old 03-29-2009, 03:11 PM
Siggy Maker & All Round Good Guy
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What can we possibly do?
CBRF cant necessarily do background checks on all of the people/things bought and sold.
Thats what ebay is for.
I believe it is posted "buy and sell at your own risk".

Bad economy or not there is always going to be "bad apples." I know it sucks and your concern is relative but on a forum like this liability is all in the hands of the people making the deal and i think that in no way is cbrf responsible for any mishaps.
Afterall they are just providing a means to an end.
It is possible though that due to the cbrf community being so open, through trial and error, unfortunately, will come into contact and possibly root out said thieves. And they will get caught.

Old 03-29-2009, 03:31 PM

+1 to Endless

Either way you go, here or any other place you buy/sell, you will always find a bad apple

Old 03-30-2009, 10:35 AM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

That pretty much sums it up.

There's just no way to know the difference between someone who sold their bike and has some left over parks, or wrecked it and has some parts vs someone who stole the bike.