Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gear saved my life...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 11:01 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks guys. I'm surprised the gloves took as much damage as they did, and I got off with all I have on my hands... They're destroyed. I didn't even need to unstrap them to pull them off. I'm going to look into the camera thing, you'd think in miami they would.

Does anyone recommend any good, all leather gloves? After these last ones, I'd rather have leather all over instead of my palm.. I was looking into gauntlets, but the ones I find are WAY out of my price range unfortunately.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:21 AM

Man, that sucks... definitely check into the camera thing. And I can't believe there were no witnesses that saw anything. Strange

Glad you're ok, though - sound lucky and fortunate.

Originally Posted by Fallen3
Thanks guys. I'm surprised the gloves took as much damage as they did, and I got off with all I have on my hands... They're destroyed. I didn't even need to unstrap them to pull them off. I'm going to look into the camera thing, you'd think in miami they would.

Does anyone recommend any good, all leather gloves? After these last ones, I'd rather have leather all over instead of my palm.. I was looking into gauntlets, but the ones I find are WAY out of my price range unfortunately.
^^ Look at your hands right before you order them and the price won't seem so high.

Old 12-17-2009, 11:58 AM

I would be willing to pay for them if I could. I found a great pair of alpinestar ones that I really want.. But I just can't afford them. I need to be up and running before break ends. I'd be willing to save up for them, but considering all the things on the waiting list, I'd have to wait atleast until Feb. Something to hold me out until then would be fine... unless I can find a great deal on a nice pair.

Old 12-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geez man... love that gear! Glad you're ok!

Old 12-17-2009, 05:33 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's your price range? I have a pair of Icon Super Duty I got for $50. I'm gonna upgrade my gear over the winter, starting with some underarmor and ending with a full suit prolly by summer.

Good that you're ok. How's the bike?

Edit:
Btw, whatever gloves you get: DO NOT BUY WHITE! Mine are dingy greyish heading for off-black now

Last edited by Kuroshio; 12-17-2009 at 05:46 PM.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:28 PM

She's fine ish... no leaks that I can find... a lot of rash, broken brake levers, rear set, clipon and mirror...
I was looking anywhere under 100. And I must have white.. lol. My last pair was white, and they started turning black. I don't really care, but I love white:P

Old 12-17-2009, 09:34 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Go someplace like http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle-gloves and narrow your search criteria. Found 67 leather gloves for men < $100

Old 12-17-2009, 10:25 PM

That is fantastic! Thanks!

Old 12-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You are sooo right about gear! I used to make helpful suggestions to idiots that ride in shorts & flip-flops, that they at least wear jeans & shoes. However, I got tired of the "shut up old man" comments & attitude that I'd get. So, I rarely make gear suggestions directly to these types of yo-yo's anymore. Instead, if the topic comes up in casual conversation, I'll simply say *sweat wipes off - road rash doesn't.* They seem to get my point. ;-)

Anyway, glad you're reasonably ok. Take care.

Old 12-18-2009, 12:45 PM

yeah, thats what tude alot of peeps round here have. But ask those with rash from the past will tell you... that chit hurts... I am a learn the hard way kind of person , so ive ate it real good before... nothing like a two month seeping wound that wont let you sleep or roll over in bed to remind you of importance of gear... crashin never hurts till it happens...also , my buddy who taught me alot about riding freaked out the first time i rode with him, he saw my lack of gloves and ran in the house to retrieve a other set of gloves for me to use, he asked me how nice it wood be to have to ask your wife to wipe you **** for you because your hands are bandaged up....yup that did it for me, now i wear gloves every ride...as for the clowns that ride with flip flops and no shirt.. all i can do is smile....

Quick Reply: Gear saved my life...