Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

gave the wave, got flipped off???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 07:30 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default gave the wave, got flipped off???

i ride a '95 CBR1000F and was on a ride today. now when i see a fellow biker approaching regardless of what type of bike he is on, i give the fellow rider a wave. so today like any other i approached a rider on a harley, i gave him the wave, he gave me the middle finger! who the he** does he think he is? hey, if your just one of those pissed off people that does not care about waving, than that's fine, don't wave, but don't give me the finger. i have been taking martial arts for years, and i now have a blue belt in mma, he's lucky i didnt turn around and chase him down like the dog that he is and whoop his a**. but fortunatly i have been taught self restraint, so i just thought a couple of choice words in my head and continued on. just had to vent, thanks, feel much better now. anyone else had this happen? there are bad apples in every bunch.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:08 PM

Yeah Hardley riders around here can be dicks as well. In fact I remember one bike where a Hardley rider was douching on a bunch of us "Sportbikers" so when a bunch of us got ready to leave four guys, two on each side put their rear tire about six inches from his stupid show bike ( that barely ran from the sound of it) and just lit up their rear tires and absolutely covered his bike in rubber chunks, but he was unaware as he was off sitting in the beer garden!!! Funniest thing I have ever seen in my life!!

Old 03-28-2009, 09:44 PM

yeah some harley guys are dicks, they think they are better then the sport bike guys,

Old 03-28-2009, 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by THEGOLDPRO
yeah some harley guys are dicks, they think they are better then the sport bike guys,
Well my dad rides a Harley Softail Lowrider. He Is always calling my bike a toy and a piece of junk, to which I always reply, "you better start liking it.. cause that's all you'll be seeing infront of you." which in turn shuts him the hell up.

But yeah, I was riding with him the other day, and some dude on a ****ing shadow (knock off harley) no less came the opposite way. I was leading and I wave to everyone (even scooters) so I wave, he doesn't wave back but I turn my head and I see him wave to my dad who is prob like 100ft. behind me, well my dad gave him the bird. After we got to the light he proclaimed that, that guy was a *****.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:26 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bradseabridge
He Is always calling my bike a toy and a piece of junk, to which I always reply, "you better start liking it.. cause that's all you'll be seeing infront of you." which in turn shuts him the hell up.
That's kind of like how my dad always say 4 cylinder cars like Honda Civics are fartboxes, LOL.

But yeah, I too always wave at everything on two wheels riding the opposite way, and for some reason, the cruiser riders don't seem to like sport riders. I mean, I go through a lot of effort to get my one off of the handlebar to wave, just to get nothing in return. The cruiser riders in a group are even worse.

I once came up on a cruiser going in the same direction, and you know how it is similar to give a head nod, well this one guy didn't even want to look my way.

Well, just think fellow riders, if we continue to ride sport bikes until we get in the latter half of our lives (unless you are already there), we too may become them...toy hating cruiser riders! LOL.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:57 PM

Harley Davidson: The most efficient method of turning gasoline into noise without the unwanted side effect of horsepower.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:05 PM
Default Help!?!?!

hey guys im new and have bike trouble but dont know where to post it on here...yea yea im a jackass i know, any help??

Old 03-28-2009, 11:11 PM

I've had a few similar encounters, but I just keep waiving, tryin to be the better rider

Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 PM
Default It ain't the bike, it's the dick on it

Some guys just buy into the "I'm better than you because I ride a _____ and you don't". It's actually a big part of the attraction to certain brands so it's no surprise that more guys dressed like pirates act that way. I'm riding a BMW and a CBR these days and it makes me sad that a lot of the Beemer guys like to adopt that same attitude.

I always wave because I love being a part of the riding community and it's cool to acknowledge each other. On the CBR I get snubbed by Harley riders all the time, on the BMW it's not quite as bad (they normally stare because they don't know what it is).

One thing that's very consistent on either bike is that sport bike guys wearing gear wave 99% of the time, the one's not wearing gear wave maybe 10% of the time. Which I think supports the 'dick on the bike theory'.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:17 PM

cbr600rr jack, post in general tech, plenty of knowledgeable help there, or you might try the 600rr section too to see if any of those guys can help

Quick Reply: gave the wave, got flipped off???