Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

gave the wave, got flipped off???

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast1000f
who the he** does he think he is?...hey, if your just one of those pissed off people...fine, don't wave, but don't give me the finger...i have been taking martial arts for years...he's lucky i didnt turn around and chase him down like the dog that he is and whoop his a**...
Wow, sounds like the Harley guy saw right through your visor and into your easily infuriated brain stem. You seriously considered turning around...for what, to show him your belt. Please. If you're so easily distracted, hang up the gloves and stay off the road.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:59 PM

Wow, sounds like the Harley guy saw right through your visor and into your easily infuriated brain stem. You seriously considered turning around...for what, to show him your belt. Please. If you're so easily distracted, hang up the gloves and stay off the road.
I think he was saying that if he were somebody else with his martail arts experience, they might have, but he has the restraint to not do such a thing. I guess it boils down to, dont mess with people you dont know.

Its just that most people who ride get behind the bike and turn into someone their not. I can get really aggressive in riding and feel like a different person. In life without my leathers on, I'm the most laid back, and shy person anyone will ever meet. But with my gear on, I truely feel different, Im extremely confidant and outgoing. I think thats the problem with a lot of harley riders. they think they have to uphold some image of a bad *** so they act like it, even they arent ****** in real life. Afterall, they have to offset the barbiedoll tassels that hang from the bike or jacket with an over the top attitude.

But, I still wave to everyone. Once in while, I'll wave and dont get one back, but I've never gotten the finger. Heck, not even in Daytona for bike week which use to be nothing but Harley's. Come to think of it, I've never really ran into a ******** Harley rider. Well, I ran into a ******** Buell rider, but thats it.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:42 AM

So far I think I've gotten a wave from everyone that I have waved at unless they were on the other side of a divided highway. Even then I usually get one back. I did feel kinda bad the other day cuz I was coming down the mountain and passed a couple guys on sport bikes on a turn, they waved but I'm a total newb and kept my hands on the bars. If I wasn't in the turn I would have waved though.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:12 AM

We have a lot of harley riders around here and we also have a lot of poverty in this area. I think the combonation has made for 2 different attitudes and groups of Harley guys and its easy to see. The guys I know who have absolutely nothing but their Harley, well, they are hardcore, protect the bike and the brand type of guys. They seem to have a real chip ontheir shoulder unless you're one of them. You drive by them and you get an evil stare, no nod, no wave. The other Harley guys, the ones with good jobs, homes, families, other vehicles, they have a totally cool attitude and dont really hang with the other crowd except on some type of organized ride. I know it sounds Class-ist to say that, but the truth is the truth....

Old 03-29-2009, 11:49 AM

If someone not waving or flipping you the bird at you is enough to upset your emotional state so badly that you feel the need to pummel them then you have a problem. I deal with people like that all the time. They have no impulse control and don't consider the consequenses of their actions...and they are incarcerated. Unless you want to join them, I suggest not taking a gesture quite so seriously.

Old 03-29-2009, 12:49 PM

justasquid and classic, right on the nose. i wanted to turn around, but didnt, thats not me nor is that how a fellow rider acts towards another, the the harley guy should follow the same creed as us all, just wanted to vent, so to SpiritRR, dont think i need to hang up my gloves, just continue doing as i have, and as far as all the harley guys, its not all of them, just a handfull like any other group of people

Old 03-29-2009, 02:06 PM
Default wave

I'm usually not a Dic-head, I'll throw some kind of gesture at another rider. but Harleys...not usually. I know it's a long standing image for them to uphold so I don't bother. But boy don't I feel like an *** when a Harley goes by and waves to me...and I didn't wave back cause I was totally not expecting it! I almost want to spin around and catch him just to wave back and encourage him to keep waving to us.
But I've never gotten the finger yet, I really don't know how I would take that. But road-rage on a bike?? I don't know bout that. guess I'd leave that up to the stunters!

Old 03-29-2009, 02:07 PM

I wave at everyone who waves first. True, HD riders tend to snub you more than the sportbike guys, but before I had my F4 I rode a 35 year old Honda, and got snubbed by both.

Old 03-29-2009, 02:17 PM
Thumbs up Snubbed

LOL...sorry, had to laugh on that one!

Quick Reply: gave the wave, got flipped off???