Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gas Out May 15th!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2007, 10:53 PM
Retired Moderator
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gas Out May 15th!!!

A friend sent this email to me...pass it on!

Don't pump gas on May 15th
NO GAS...On May 15th 2007 : ...in April 1997, there was a "gas out"
conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped
30 cents a gallon overnight.
On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in
protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most
places.
There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet
network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.
If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take
$2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies
pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May
15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for
at least one day.
If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) resend this to all
your contact list. With it saying, 'Don't pump gas on May 15th"
POWER TO THE PEOPLE !!!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:01 PM
Default RE: Gas Out May 15th!!!

wont affect a damn thing buddy! think about it... an average person fills up once a week.. thats 6days of not filling up... ya it might not all be on the same day, but same results. ha and as much as you want to complain about gas prices... you WILL still pay the gas price no matter how much u dont like it, no gas.. no transportation to work. no transportation to work, might as well find a marker and a piece of poster board and write homelss on it ha, takes money to make money!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:26 PM

Hey bro, you got me wondering so I did a goggle search and here is what I came up with.(read the whole article)http://www.snopes.com/politics/gasoline/nogas.asp I heard about this same email today at work. I too wish it was that easy. One day without gas and the prices magically drop to an all time low. But I think its going to take a lot more. Now a month would probly get the message across or the entire summer. But you and I both know that us spoiled americans aren't going to go with out a little gas. And they know this too.

Old 05-03-2007, 11:30 PM

Some of us aren't as spoiled as others. We have no public transportation and work is 12 miles away. That is unless you have to drive for a living like I do. If I don't go to work, I can't afford gas, if I go to work, I can't afford to buy it. What is a fellow to do?

Old 05-03-2007, 11:36 PM

Hey I think I'll go fill up on the 14th so I can say hell no i'm not buying their High priced gas! on the 15th. It will never end until the gas prices are regulated!
and we all know that will never happen!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Retired Moderator

Thanks, Tyler. I did read the article, and it makes sense. Just because you don't buy gas on a Wednesday, doesn't mean you won't buy the same amount of gas on aThursday. Now I feel like an a$$hole, because I sent that email to my whole email list. Sometimes I wish I were smarter. I just wish wecould stick it to these oil company f_ckers!!!

Old 05-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK on may 15th everyone instead of buying $50 dollars worth of gas, send me 50 dollars cause thats the 21st bday ya knowwww

Old 05-03-2007, 11:56 PM
Retired Moderator

Meat, you are a threadjacker (I amso guilty of that, too ). I'm sending you a barf bag for your birthday, hope your friends are up to the challenge...and my wife doesn't have a sister (inside joke).

Old 05-04-2007, 12:06 AM

Hey voodoochyl, In no way was I trying to downplay your post. I wish as much as any of you gas prices were lower. My truck get about8-10 miles per gal. And Dave k you know what I mean about spoiled americans, We are very lucky to live in the best countryout their. But most of us are not happy with what we have. I can bet almost everyone one on this board wishes at some time or another they had a bigger,better, bike, truck, house, ect.you get my point. I'm getting alittle off track here so I will shut up now.[sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 05-04-2007, 12:09 AM
Banned

Try not driving for a day. Try not having an SUV. Try not combining trips. Try carpooling. You have to LOWER demand, not just postponed and build pent-up demand.

I have talked to so many people that will order a beer for $3.00 or smoke cigarettes at $4.00 a pack, but bitch about paying $3.00/gallon. People are idiots.

Quick Reply: Gas Out May 15th!!!