Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Gaming - GBA Cover Project

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2006, 02:41 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Gaming - GBA Cover Project

Ok, so here is the deal. My brother has a gaming community, Snackbar Games there are forums reviews and all sorts of stuff you would expect to find at a gaming site, although, they have something unique no one else has done before. The GBA Cover Project.

About the Project
The Cover Project is a collaborative effort between some of the CAG forumers and Snackbar Games that has since expanded into its own website. The project was started by Organicow as a fun way to store his GBA games. Shortly after acquiring his DS he noticed the DS game cases have a spot to hold GBA games. He measured out a DS game cover insert and created the first GBA cover to match. From there, the project took off and I spent some time creating covers as people sent me scanned images of thier original GBA boxes.

Our covers are carefully created with high resolution scans of original boxart or case inserts. At 300dpi we are confident that these are the highest quality covers found anywhere on the net.

In addition to covers/inserts we are also starting to scan in and make available game manuals in PDF format.

If there is a cover, insert, or manual that we don't have yet, feel free to drop by the forums and put in a request. Someone else is bound to be looking for the same insert as you.
so the project has evolved into rather large one and has like already quoted, expanded to its own site.

http://www.thecoverproject.net/

Even so, leechers have decided to take this FREE service and try to make money off someone else's hard work. This Guy is charging $4 a piece for these to be printed. So in an effort to rid these leechers from exploiting all the work put into the project, my bro has decided to sell them on his own, at $2 a piece to be printed. It was never a matter of making money, more than offering a service others may not be able to do on their own. But this way atleast the money will go right back into the project. I wasn't trying to advertise, rather let you know of the project before it becomes knownst to you from another source. thx for reading.

Old 10-23-2006, 03:04 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Gaming - GBA Cover Project

Wow. I don't have a need for the printing resources, but the covers thing is great! What a generous project. Thanks man.