Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

****'n cops!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default ****'n cops!

haha that got some attention! nah, just another "got pulled over" story, ended great!

i got pulled over today for doing "75 in a 45" (so he says). its a spot i know not to go overboard in, b/c its a straight stretch right before a bridge. cops love to sit there w/ their cars behind some brush and clock you, then step out infront of you and signal for you to pull over. so i tend to never go over 55 (they wont really mess w/ you for that). so today i was heading over the bridge and never once saw ANY cop, but just before the bridge i see a unmarked trooper come hauling *** up behind me lights flashing. i immediately pull over and shut the bike of and keep my hands in his view on my hips. he walked up and gave me the same song and dance, i was polite (yes sir, no sir), always asked if i could reach into my pocket/hop off the bike/remove my rear seat. he took my info, went to his car........i assumed he'd take it easy on me and give me ATLEAST a 2pt ticket since i was doing 30 over and have a clean record. when he comes back, he had a warning paper in his hand! he said "im giving you this for two reasons, 1) because you were polite, 2) BECAUSE YOU STOPPED". he told me that the majority of people run, so he was pleased/suprised that i immediately pullled over. i thanked him for his generosity and we went on our way.

although.........i call bull****. for me to be doing 75 i would have to be at, what.........6,500 rpms, not to mention my two bros. pipe would have been preeeeeeetty damn noisy! i am 110% positive i wasnt going over 55mph, speeding.......guilty, but 75mph......not a chance. idk if he was just "eye balling" my speed or if he clocked me. but w/ a warning i wasnt going to question him.

well anywho, i was happy as HELL he cut me a break, hesaid if he pulled me over again, i wouldnt get another one

Old 11-20-2007, 10:34 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ****'n cops!

He cut you a break...whether you were doing 55 or 75.

I got pulled over for supposedly taking off when the light was still red. There was a cop sitting right next to me in the other lane.

I know for a fact I did not...take off through a red light...I merely accelerated from 0 to the speed limit, (which in that area is 45), very quickly.

I think he just pulled me over to check me out.

I was politely incredulous as to why I was pulled over. He asked for my license and insurance,
which I gave to him. He went back to his car, most assuredly to run a check for warrants, etc.

Came back...said..."Mr. G**********"...you have a nice day...and slow down a bit...be careful out here."

I mumbled something.."Thanks!...and you be careful out here too."

I've run into this guy a coupla' times while he is off-duty...always tells me hello sir...and I reciprocate.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:38 PM

They give you papers for warnings? Here they just tell you to be more careful.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:40 PM

well, there are written AND verbal warnings. i've never had a verbal warning though.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:41 PM

Yeah they ain't all bad!

Old 11-20-2007, 10:42 PM

ORIGINAL: MikeInCtown

They give you papers for warnings? Here they just tell you to be more careful.
Yeah some locals do, some don't. I got a written warning in my car for doing 71 in a 65.

The cop in that instance was nice as well. Cool and funy as hell too.

There is good and bad out there.

Even the bad ones will usually go easy on you if you just show some common respect.

Old 11-20-2007, 10:43 PM

ORIGINAL: bmg velocity

Even the bad ones will usually go easy on you if you just show some common respect.
exactly