Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Free Medical ID card

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2006, 02:35 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Free Medical ID card

With all of the accidents we’re hearing about lately, it brings to mind, “What if it happens to me?” It's one thing if you’re involved in an accident, and have friends with you. However what if something happens and you are alone? What if you are unable to respond or give any info to the police or rescue? Your Driver’s License and insurance card only provide a limited amount of information, and while many of us have “ICE’d” our phones, that’s still not always enough.

We found a site that will let you create a free medical ID card, with your basic info, Physician’s phone #, and any allergies or specific medical issues.

http://www.medids.com/free-id.php

Mine is sitting on my desk as we speak, awaiting the laminating machine to warm up. I actually think TWO copies of the card might be good -- one in wallet/tank bag/bike trunk (wherever you keep your other info) and one in the inside jacket pocket of our riding jackets.

You might also want to consider this: the last portion, where you can add additional info (and it defaults to "I give consent to medical treatment") I've put in -

"Do not remove helmet
until seen by medical
professionals."

Old 08-05-2006, 03:17 AM
Default RE: Free Medical ID card

Thanks alot for the link!! I need to get one or two...

Old 08-13-2006, 01:34 AM
Default RE: Free Medical ID card

thanks for careing about your fellow members and riders