Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

MMI

Old 08-14-2006, 12:36 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MMI

I noticed the ad at the bottom of the page and couldn't pass the opportunity to ask who all here has been to MMI? Is it worth going to? (learn a lot) Worth the cost? Are you wrenching on bikes today because of it or were you working already then went? Did the school help you get the job with just school experience alone?

Old 08-14-2006, 01:23 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MMI

I'll prob. step on a few toes here by saying this, but here it goes. In my wrenching career, I have had interactions with 4 people who graduated from MMI (I did not attend MMI). In talking to them I noticed two things they had in common: 1) they thought they knew all there was to know about motorcycles and 2) they didn't know all there was to know about motorcycles. In fact, I had to teach 2 of them how to install a new chain. Right now, one of the people work with me at a dealership - actually 2 but the other guy went to the marine school (outboards and PWC school). Another is currently looking for a job because he won't accept most of the offers because he thinks they are below him. I have since lost contact with the fourth. On a side note, when I was looking for a job originally, several of the shops that I went to told me that they specifiically did not hire anyone from this school because of the aforementioned reasons. Again, I have never been to the school, so I can not speak first hand. I have been told that it is a great starting school if you have never held a wrench in your life and I have also been told that it is a great place to expand your current knowledge. But if the "techs" that I have had interractions with that came from there are any indication, I'd say to avoid it.

Search this Thread