Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.
View Poll Results: How Bad Is Your Deadbeat Problem
Never Had This Problem
57.14%
Only Happened Once Or Twice
28.57%
Happens Quite Often
7.14%
THIS IS A CONSTANT PROBLEM FOR ME
7.14%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Forum Deadbeats Who Knows ONe

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2010, 08:28 AM
April 2011 Ride of the Month
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forum Deadbeats Who Knows ONe

Nothing PISSES me off more lately than members on here contacting me for parts Im selling telling me they want them SOOOOOOOOOOOO bad and saying they will pay me on Friday (payday for most) so I take the time to go get a box... not a cheap box ohhhhhh no a 3 foot by 2 foot by 2 foot box (you dont even wanna know what one costs) and the packing for it, and what happens? Two out of the three people that supposely TOTALLY wanted the part has yet to return my pm's, calls, or texts.

So that leads me to this poll how many guys here have had this DEADBEAT problem?

Old 07-15-2010, 08:38 AM
Senior Member & Lord of The Man Cave
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zmds18
So that leads me to this poll how many guys here have had this DEADBEAT problem?
I guess the thing that gets me are the ones who ask for advice or help with some problem they're having and I spend 10-15 minutes typing up a detailed reply or a PM, complete with hypertext links on where to go for parts, additional information or whatever.

I never hear back from them that the problem has been fixed or anything. A simple thank you or at least some sort of acknowledgement that they've read my reply would be nice but I guess it's too much to expect in this hectic age.

Old 07-15-2010, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff
I guess the thing that gets me are the ones who ask for advice or help with some problem they're having and I spend 10-15 minutes typing up a detailed reply or a PM, complete with hypertext links on where to go for parts, additional information or whatever.

I never hear back from them that the problem has been fixed or anything. A simple thank you or at least some sort of acknowledgement that they've read my reply would be nice but I guess it's too much to expect in this hectic age.

what kills me is i spent $40 bucks on that box lol and that doesnt include the packing...

Old 07-15-2010, 08:52 AM

I've never had the problem on here. I've only bought one thing from a member on here and it was a good transaction. He shipped the part before I even paid for it. He wanted me to look it over before I bought it. Kind of rare these days to have any honesty and trusting, but I think considering most forums, this one has to be one the least problematic for people. They have a pretty strict selling policy. While a lot will complain about it, its there to hopefully avoid these types of issues.

Having said that, I don't think I would waste my time with any type of packaging until the money was in my hand. As you found out, just because someone says they want it, doesn't mean they will buy it. Even if the person isnt sure they want it, they are going to tell you they do in hopes you save it for them, just incase they want it. Trust me, the whole time your waiting until their payday, they are still looking for the parts cheaper that you are saving for them. Its ****ty, and not a thing I would do, but a lot of people are this way. Also a reason I won't hold things for people.

Old 07-15-2010, 09:00 AM

Originally Posted by zmds18
what kills me is i spent $40 bucks on that box lol and that doesnt include the packing...
Does it have a leather upholstered interior, or something?

Old 07-15-2010, 09:04 AM

I've sold a couple of items on here and I've asked if they rather go tru ebay I could list them, but they rather not so one paypaled me and I shipped the same day the other told me a will send you a check and I shipped it the same day and I receive his check a week later, no problem. I have refunded money tru ebay once to keep my 100% feedback even though I knew I had been had. We live and learn. Johnnyh

Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by justasquid
I've never had the problem on here. I've only bought one thing from a member on here and it was a good transaction. He shipped the part before I even paid for it. He wanted me to look it over before I bought it. Kind of rare these days to have any honesty and trusting, but I think considering most forums, this one has to be one the least problematic for people. They have a pretty strict selling policy. While a lot will complain about it, its there to hopefully avoid these types of issues.

Having said that, I don't think I would waste my time with any type of packaging until the money was in my hand. As you found out, just because someone says they want it, doesn't mean they will buy it. Even if the person isnt sure they want it, they are going to tell you they do in hopes you save it for them, just incase they want it. Trust me, the whole time your waiting until their payday, they are still looking for the parts cheaper that you are saving for them. Its ****ty, and not a thing I would do, but a lot of people are this way. Also a reason I won't hold things for people.
i usually have good luck selling to people on here ive sold prolly close to 50-60 things through the forum... just seems like lately ive been getting stiffed

Originally Posted by kowen1208
Does it have a leather upholstered interior, or something?
lol na boxes that big are just plain expensive around here.... it sucks

Old 07-15-2010, 11:15 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadiJeff

I have to agree with Jeff on this one - I often spend hours trying to help guys, and often they won't listen, and ten pages later they are still moaning, or they fix it, and not another word.....

I have been stiffed by a guy - I sent him a part, just for cost of the postage, and he even stiffed me for that.
Some people just have no moral compass at all.....
He doesn't come here anymore - no loss for sure......

And I wouldn't spend any money on packaging until the part has been paid for. .......

Last edited by Shadow; 07-15-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by Shadow
I have to agree with Jeff on this one - I often spend hours trying to help guys, and often they won't listen, and ten pages later they are still moaning, or they fix it, and not another word.....

I have been stiffed by a guy - I sent him a part, just for cost of the postage, and he even stiffed me for that.
Some people just have no moral compass at all.....
He doesn't come here anymore - no loss for sure......
+1 lol usually the guys im stiffed by are the ones that just join to buy stuff.. i mean i should know better but at the same time i need to sell my stuff ha

Old 07-15-2010, 11:30 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

No way we can even help you as Mods with that problem - I guess a recommendation from another member who knows him, but it'd be impossible for us to reduce your risk.
Maybe a fleabay score or something................?
Best option is don't ship the part until you've been paid - I won't get stiffed again, that's for sure.............

Quick Reply: Forum Deadbeats Who Knows ONe