Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Forced to break the law

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2008, 10:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Forced to break the law

I'd be interested in seeing the Florida legislation.

Old 12-30-2008, 10:50 PM

Its also legal in Washington State, provided you have insurance. Insurance isn't required on motorcycles here. Most cops also don't know about this law, so I also carry a copy of the legislation with my registration and insurance card. All you have to do is come to a stop and make sure its safe, then you're free to go.

Old 12-31-2008, 12:36 AM

Just curious but since the stator is an alternator it produces an alternating magnetic field. From what I understand if it was positioned over the sensor portion of the road maybe the amount of inductance it generates would be enough to trip the sensor. If not from an idle maybe a quick rev would help. I wouldn't want to rev it much though so I doubt it would help much.

I don't see how starting the bike again can make much of a difference. The starter would have permanent magnets to begin with (I suppose?)and engaging the started would just start rotation.

Something to think about. Peace Love and Happiness!!

Old 12-31-2008, 12:08 PM

I heard that passed legislation about this here in NC, but you have to wait 5 minutes. that should be plenty of time to realize you were skipped in the cycle

Old 12-31-2008, 01:22 PM

if it doesnt change i usually just run it when its clear to do so. Its a good excuse to..otherwise you are never going to get anywhere. I really didnt have a problem with my f3(freakin tank mobile...) but i probably will have a problem with the f4i

Old 12-31-2008, 05:44 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: calcutta250

I don't see how starting the bike again can make much of a difference. The starter would have permanent magnets to begin with (I suppose?)and engaging the started would just start rotation.

The starter spins *because* of a magnetic field.

Old 12-31-2008, 05:54 PM

dO YOU PAY ATTENTION TO THE LITTLE WHITE SIGNS TELLING YOU WHAT THE SPEED SHOULD BE RUN THAT ****. But seriously most laws state that if the light goes through two reps then you are allowed to run it like a stop sign for any of you who are just plain scared of the law. Check your state to be sure though. Cali yes NY yes

Old 12-31-2008, 08:36 PM

A friendly bit of info. The department of trans. can adjust the sensors at intersections to be more or less sensitive. If you run across a particular intersection thatnever senses you, call them and let them know. I had 3 intersections around my house that didnt work, they all do now.

Old 12-31-2008, 09:05 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: TheX

ORIGINAL: calcutta250

The starter spins *because* of a magnetic field.
My bike, when running will not let you bump the starter.

Quick Reply: Forced to break the law