Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Food is Fuel

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008, 08:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Food is Fuel

I hover around 135 - 140. The most I've ever weighed was 145. Everytime I drop a load I lose weight.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:37 PM

ORIGINAL: rangerscott

I hover around 135 - 140. The most I've ever weighed was 145. Everytime I drop a load I lose weight.
Same here dude. Like You know how your belly gets big after you eat a big meal? Well...mine does the opposite when I drop a duce. I gota wait a couple of days before my belly becomes normal size again.

Old 12-14-2008, 08:48 PM
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its maybe your age. Your hormones are raging these days..

Old 12-14-2008, 09:02 PM
VP

you guys are in your late teens early 20's...your metabolism is probably as high as it ever will be in your life. Wait a few years, the weight will come.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:09 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: VP

you guys are in your late teens early 20's...your metabolism is probably as high as it ever will be in your life. Wait a few years, the weight will come.
Except for me of course.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:55 PM
VP

yes, you're old and busted.

lmao sorry couldn't resist.

Old 12-14-2008, 09:59 PM
RCR

ORIGINAL: VP

Depends, I just turned 40 on the 11th 5-10 165lbs Maybe 3% body fat and I can eat anything, anytime,anywhere and not gain weight.

Granted I do work a solid 8-10 hrs each day either on my own crew or another helping them out depending where im needed. I even dig post holes, carry 60# cement bags, stacks of lumber or whatever it takes to get the job done. Now if I were to just stay in the office all day every day I might gain weight.

My metabolism has been high my entire life and have not seen it slow at all.

Old 12-15-2008, 06:19 AM

but..... WTF is this thread really about is what I need to know
I cant speak for what X was getting at, buy my take on it is just what his subject stated. Food is fuel and should be treated as such. People should treat their body to the best fuel available. If you find a gas can full of 5 year old gas in the back yard, do you put it in your bike? It will be damn near all varnish, have no combustability left and it will clog your fuel system....But thats exactly what people do with their own bodies. They eat food that has no nutritional value and it will clog their bodies system.... Just imagine the guy driving around looking for that certain gas station as he wants to make sure his car gets the best, all while scarfing down a bigmac.... seems silly doesnt it.

the other problem lies in the whole idea that people are beatiful no matter what... I agree, the outward appearance of a person does not tell you the real person that is on the inside. But making it ok to be overweight and telling kids it doesnt matter if your overweight is a horrible idea.

Old 12-15-2008, 08:14 AM

Food is...what puts a roof over my head, toys in my garage, and beer in my fridge.

I'm around the richest, most fattening food you'll ever seefor 10 hours a day, 5 days a week (give or take). I eat like a pig, drink like a fish, never work out,and don't get more than 6 hours of sleep a night. I'm 31,5'9", weigh 140lbs soaking wet with steel-toed boots on, have a B.P of 130/65, and my cholesterol is low. Imove ALL DAY LONG and am always on my feet. Typing this right here will be the longest time span I sit still all day today. I firmly believe that obesity is caused by siting on your *** far more than it is caused by poor nutrition.

Quick Reply: Food is Fuel