Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

The fluorescent vests will be mandatory for motorcyclists in France

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2011, 03:38 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've said it before an I'll say it again. The lack of a helmet law is retarded. Do you have a seatbelt law in Hawaii? Are you allowed to use a cellphone whilst driving?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:46 AM
August 2011 ROTM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes we have to wear seatbelt if you sit in the front seats. Cellphone just got banned this year. We are middle of pacific ocean. We are behind on everything

Old 05-24-2011, 05:56 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
Yes we have to wear seatbelt if you sit in the front seats. Cellphone just got banned this year. We are middle of pacific ocean. We are behind on everything
So a helmet law is a matter of time? At least you are sensible enough to wear one. How often do you see people without a helmet?

Old 05-24-2011, 07:37 AM

Traduction (français > anglais)

Thank you for your answers, which enters into our refusal to wear this jacket.
A majority of motorcyclist in France are against wearing the vest.
(We are not workers of the toll road or !!!!))
THE BIKERS!
We will make a manifestation in June 18
---------------
Greater freedom for motorcyclists in Arizona.
In France the helmet is mandatory since 1976.
---------------

Security for us Tousen motorcycle or car is an education has to take when we ride we must attantion and watch another.
---------------
In France the government now it is all about money.
--------------

They are trying since years to pass a technical Contol motorcycles.

------------------

Excuse me for gramaire but I translated all with GOOGLE.

Old 05-24-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by yumoncbr
We don't have helmet law neither here in Hawaii. But doesn't military people have to wear long white sleeve shirt and those vest in the base?
Actually...... proper PPE is long sleeve brightly covered shirt, pants, helmet, gloves and over the ankle boots or shoes. If you are wearing a dull colored shirt then you have to wear some sort of reflective piece.

Also our post Command Sergeant Major came back from the Pentigon saying that there was a study done as far as motorcycle accidents. In conclusion regardless of what you are wearing the reflective vest did not enhance the rider. The vest did nothing for the rider. It doesnt help!

Old 05-24-2011, 08:32 AM

Originally Posted by Kuroshio
It would never make it out of committee here. The committee members would rightfully fear for their lives by considering such a stupid measure
OH Yeah. That would never fly here. The motorcycle lobby is quite strong in this country, not that they are fighting so much for sport rider rights as much as they are for no helmet wearing harley lovers lol

Old 05-24-2011, 11:12 AM
August 2011 ROTM

Here, I see more harley guys wear vest but not much helmet, and I would say 80% of sportbike guys wear helmet 5% vest. Vest population is coming from military people, I think

Old 05-24-2011, 06:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drive a huge WHITE Ford E-350 Super Duty van. It's literally bigger than most Hummers and trucks (unless the owner went ridiculous on the options). I still have people drifting into my lane, trying to make turns in front of me from one lane over and other crap. Me in a neon green vest wouldn't do d!ck.

Best defense for a motorcyclist is their right hand: throttle & brake.

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
I believe that a small false sense of security or safety by especially new riders would be the result if every rider was florescently lit up ...

" Om ok , everyone can see me " !!!
yer sure ...BS !!!!!!!!
It should be physically impossible not to see my bike at night with the LEDs glowing and breathing and changing color...

Yet some people try to do the impossible at least once a month

Last edited by Kuroshio; 05-24-2011 at 06:47 PM.

Quick Reply: The fluorescent vests will be mandatory for motorcyclists in France