Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fleeing & evading

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 08:05 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh... and hey there, Steve.

hey Dylan ... catchyu on Skype in a few min if yu around ??
10-4, man. Hotline is open. Line is secure. LOL...

Old 08-31-2011, 08:14 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Hey , yu could try my new favorite line ?

Hey Officer , wasn't me mate !! it was that bloody Ghost rider dude impersonating me !!!!

Love this, I'm using it next time

Old 08-31-2011, 08:30 PM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha! See you in 5, Steve.

Hmmm... btw, do you mean beating her up or getting it on?
The answer is neither...... although she does get quite lippy. I'm sure I can beat her up and skype you at the same time. She's really weak.

On things NOT to say to a cop.... I'm not even gonna go there. They never like what I have to say.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:02 AM

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93
For some reason as I read this it looked more like this.

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i

Deny Deny Deny. Burden of proof is on the state. Have yourself converse with the lawyer - you should be honest with the lawyer by the way. And see if they can come up with a way out of it / lesser charge.
FIFY

Originally Posted by davedude44
I came in on a warrant that was put out. Was not brought in by police
FIFY

Originally Posted by CBRfenatic93

Good for you.
FIFY

and so on and so forth. Not going to have the post with the most quotes in it, at least not this thread.

As for the OP: man up, take it on the chin. Talk to a lawyer and see what the options are for getting it reduced or at least what brand of lube to purchase for the easiest entry and least pain upon entry.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM

Originally Posted by amRRussel

FIFY

FIFY

FIFY

and so on and so forth. Not going to have the post with the most quotes in it, at least not this thread.

As for the OP: man up, take it on the chin. Talk to a lawyer and see what the options are for getting it reduced or at least what brand of lube to purchase for the easiest entry and least pain upon entry.
By no means am i implying the squid is me and would appreciate no more false quotations. Was looking for some serious thoughts regarding the subject and if there is no more to be given here this thread can be closed and deleted.

Old 09-01-2011, 08:59 AM

well good for the squid to go in. If the cops have their plate number your pretty much caught. they will get slapped with a evading and eluding an officer along with speeding or whatever else they have them for. Talk to a lawyer above all else fight it and if you cant afford a lawyer they will assign you one. Once got clocked on a freeway entrance ramp at 113 pulled over bike impounded slapped with a recless operations and lost my license. Best thing to do is ride safe and keep the crazy riding on the track. I learned my lesson and it was a hard lesson to learn. but sometimes you just have to take it to the chin like everyone says.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by davedude44
By no means am i implying the squid is me and would appreciate no more false quotations. Was looking for some serious thoughts regarding the subject and if there is no more to be given here this thread can be closed and deleted.
Seeking legal advice in an off topic section of a motorcycle forum is about as wise as said "squid" - "fleeing & evading". Nevertheless, advice was given...

Consult a lawyer - is the best advice you can get & it has been stated more than once.

Tell him to not do the crime - if he can't do the time.

'Nuff said. Closed. Leaving the thread as a cautionary tale.

Old 09-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Redcoat, & Maxwell's Silver Hammer, MVN and curmudgeon
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by gotcbr
Seeking legal advice in an off topic section of a motorcycle forum is about as wise as said "squid" - "fleeing & evading". Nevertheless, advice was given...
Consult a lawyer - is the best advice you can get & it has been stated more than once.
Tell him to not do the crime - if he can't do the time.
'Nuff said. Closed. Leaving the thread as a cautionary tale.
Not 'till I have my say on this one

First off, if you ever have this kind of problem, and have evaded the police, go straight to a hospital, and complain of a migraine, and get it written into the Casualty log. Then go to your family Doc after a couple of hours and do the same. THEN hand yourself over.
You then have a reason for leaving and evading, even if the Judge is anything like me, he'll at least have a smile at it, and MAYBE will take pity on you. If you have a history of evading you're a dead duck, this one may work once ( I had it in my Court, and smiled, then reduced the fine to the local equivalent of a misdemeanour.) But then I'm a biker, sooooooooo.
You may get a Court Officer who hates bikes, in which case the recommendation on lube may come in handy.
Whatever you do, you need a REASON for leaving the scene of the crime, to give the Judge a reason to consider a lighter sentence. If you don't have at least some kind of excuse, you'll have to throw yourself on the mercy of the Court. Not a good place to be..........
If you put yourself in the Judge's shoes, what would you do ?
The better and more original your excuse the better your chances, ESPECIALLY if you can back it up as suggested above.

None of this should give the impression that I condone running - I don't, I've seen too many people killed as a result, and no matter what the sentence, causing the death of another human being as a result of your own illegal actions would be inexcusable. Even your own...............

Quick Reply: Fleeing & evading