Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fleeing & evading

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 06:54 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fleeing & evading

My friend squid is being charged with fleeing and evading on his bike. Currently stands as a felony. Police did get the plate however sir squid was able to get away. someone that knows squid was in the car behind and was questioned about squid. a statement was taken with minimal detail and nothing said to identify the squid only thing that was said was what happened. Looking for past experiences or friends experiences and what happened/any advice for squid other than to slow down. fight and and say it wasnt squid riding the bike or try to plea bargain to a misdemeanor? squids overwhelmed by situation and does have a lawyer

Old 08-31-2011, 07:10 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For some reason as i read this it looked more like this.

I'am being charged with fleeing and evading on my bike. Currently stands as a felony. Police did get the plate however and i was able to get away. someone that knows me was in the car behind and was questioned about me. a statement was taken with minimal detail and nothing said to identify me. The only thing that was said was what happened. Looking for past experiences or friends experiences and what happened/any advice for me other than to slow down. fight and and say it wasnt me riding the bike or try to plea bargain to a misdemeanor? i'm overwhelmed by situation and does have a lawyer
The only adivce i have for the said squid is to take it like a man. He was in the wrong, shouldnt have ran, and got caught, and now he wants the law to be forgiving. Sucks for him.

Last edited by CBRfenatic93; 08-31-2011 at 07:22 PM.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:20 PM

Name:  d40698d4.jpg
Views: 39
Size:  21.0 KB

Deny Deny Deny. Burden of proof is on the state. Have him converse with the lawyer - he should be honest with the lawyer by the way. And see if they can come up with a way out of it / lesser charge.

Old 08-31-2011, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i

Deny Deny Deny. Burden of proof is on the state. Have him converse with the lawyer - he should be honest with the lawyer by the way. And see if they can come up with a way out of it / lesser charge.
lol

Old 08-31-2011, 07:53 PM

squid came in on a warrant that was put out. Was not brought in by police

Old 08-31-2011, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by CBRclassic
Advice ??
yer ...a faster bike , way better friends and a good ready to go passport !!

Originally Posted by davedude44
squid came in on a warrant that was put out. Was not brought in by police
Good for him.

Old 08-31-2011, 08:03 PM
Administrator - Retired

The squid needs to consult with his lawyer. The lawyer will know what to do.

Otherwise.... I'd say Nate had some decent advice about denying everything. lol..
Mostly anything else that anyone could say here would be meaningless because state laws differ..... as do circumstances, lawyers, DAs, etc.

However, I do know a squid who caught this charge before. He plead out of it because he was looking at several more serious charges anyway.
He did his time like he always does, but he managed to continue the **** out of his court date, make several offers to the DA, and ultimately get the judge he wanted. All charges were dropped except one, and that one was lessened.

Anyway.... my only other suggestion to the squid is this:
If the charges do stick.... make friends with the kitchen guys in prison.
Sugar packets are just like cash money in the joint.

Quick Reply: Fleeing & evading