Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First time!????

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 09:42 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First time!????

Hey guys I was just curious how were your first time expieriences on a motorcycle? I just got my f4i today and road it with my dad. (he taught me a lot this week about riding and safety on a cycle) lol i noticed that people seemed to be more friendly towards him (he was on a harley) and a little "stuck up" towards me. but overall i LOVED it and can't wait to get off and go ride a bit more tom.

Old 02-19-2010, 09:52 PM

Riding a CBR is like smoking crack but legal. After the first time, you cannot stop even if you want to.

Last edited by Hoosier1104; 02-20-2010 at 12:46 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:17 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

First time ever on a motorcycle? Wobbly and terrifying. Felt like the first time on a bike without training wheels

First time on my F3? Wobbly and anxious. Hadn't been on 2 wheels in near 20 years. Wasn't scared but it was like trying to remember several years' worth of info in 5 seconds

First time on my F3 when I finally 'got it' and settled in? Well I was riding into work bout a month after wrenching her and testing this and tinkering with that and inspecting everything. On the way to work there's a S curve that I can take around 35 mph in a car while staying in my lane. I had been puttering around that curve on my bike at about 20 mph before that day. Guess in the back of my mind I knew I could finally trust her cause I wasn't conscious of every noise and vibration, wasn't wondering "WTF was that". So before I knew it I was through the easy left curve at about 55 and entering the hard right and... just let go. In my head I might have froze for a millisecond. And then she was leaned over, I was still on the throttle and accelerating out the curve.

I was late to work that morning. I went back to go through it twice more (which meant going way out the way) This winter crap is killing me. I NEED that feeling!

Old 02-20-2010, 08:43 AM

My first time... Basic Rider course...it was fun but they didnt have sportbikes...First time on a sport bike test riding the one I own now. I was scared as Sh*t b/c it is a lot heavier than anything in the Basic Rider Course...Guy lived way out in the country on a straight away and I took it on down the road and almost noob dropped in some gravel turning around...No one saw me but I felt really stupid lol But I must agree Riding a CBR is like doing legal crack. You are hooked after the first ride....

Old 02-20-2010, 08:53 AM

My first time riding a street bike was last July when I bought my F4i. It was probably the most terrifying thing I have ever done starting out but now its my favorite hobby and form of transportation. I cant wait for the snow to clear again. I just realized dont rush yourself til you get experienced with your baqsic riding functions, then start tearin into the corners.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:02 AM

The couple things I remember about my first time were that when I let the clutch out it "idled" faster than I thought it would - just kind of took off a little quicker than I thought, going into the first turn I didn't lean as much as I should have, and that low-speed turns made me feel uncomfortable - all of which subsided after about 5 minutes.

Old 02-20-2010, 09:25 AM

the first time i rode a street bike was also the first day i rode a dirt bike haha. i bought my kan-o-tuna and left the guys house. ( i had never ridden a motorcycle before) when i turned out of his driveway and went across the road into the ditch! haha i just put my foot down and kept on a goin haha. finally got it back on the road and proceeded to head home ha ha. i made it without a scratch and cant be without a bike ever again. my neighbor was home when i pulled in and they had dirtbikes. they saw me on my sporttouring bike and assumed i had been riding for a while. so they asked me if i wanted to try their dirtbikes. ha ha ofcourse i agreed. it was a honda 100. then couple months later i hopped on a honda 450r dirtbike, now that was much scarier. haha

Old 02-20-2010, 09:40 AM

Her name was Amanda and she took it from me! OH snap motorcycle.... 600cc shadow slow but easy to learn on heavy too

Old 02-20-2010, 01:44 PM

My first time was in MSF, but I'd been on the back for several years. My first time after that was on a friend's Katana... I was so nervous I kept killing it, I think I killed it like 10 times. I went up the road and turned around at a gas station. I took up the whole parking lot turning because I turned so wide. I was psyched because I got up to like 40 mph. The next time I got on it I went to turn at a stop sign and went waaaay wide again, just about bumped the curb, but after that I was fine. I guess I know what I need to work on . I went really slow too. Hopefully this stupid snow will stop and I can have my first time on the f3 soon.

Old 02-21-2010, 03:45 PM
Retired Moderator & The Big Deal

90% of people who are taught by another rider crash in the first year. TAKE THE MSF Course you will be much better off.

enjoy the bike the f4i is awesome

first time ever I got on a bike it was my cb350 i was 19 or 18 and my dad taught me all the stuff pointed it out and said ok go ride around the block. I barely made it outa the driveway :P got to the end of the block at a stop sign and promptly fell over :P hehe good times

Quick Reply: First time!????