Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

First full day of riding

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2007, 01:56 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First full day of riding

Well this morning is was supposed to be raining according to weather.com. I woke up to sunshine at 8:45 and hauled butt downto the DOL to get my plate at 10. Drove home and mounted the plate, checked the tires and oil and took off on the bike to the dealership to exchange my windscreen. Went from there to the DMV to get my permit, no problem there . Spent the entire afternoon riding until about 5. These bikes are incredible, I may be biased since I dont ride streetbikes very often. The power is great down low, mid range is lame, but once it eeks through it, the power comes back on likeyou hit a switch and really starts pulling hard. Being a noob, id have to say this may be a bad bike for a noob. It inspires confidence quickly, and I can imagine it making you forget youre new fairly quickly. Brakes... wow. Ride is somewhat rough ( I weigh 150 though, maybe I need to learn to do some adjusting) but I dont mind it the least bit. One thing I was surprised about, even with warm tires, compared to the other older cbrs ive ridden, at full throttle in 1st, usual the front end of the older ones felt like it was trying to creep off the ground, but once this thing gets through the weak portion of the powerband, it just lights up the rear tire, I definitly have to roll onto the throttle easy through 1st. Just thought id share, thanks for reading! here are some new pics of this thing 100% together

Name:  DSCN0619-1.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  71.0 KB

Name:  DSCN0618.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  69.5 KB

Old 04-18-2007, 03:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Default RE: First full day of riding

Being a noob, id have to say this may be a bad bike for a noob. It inspires confidence quickly, and I can imagine it making you forget youre new fairly quickly.
It is good you recognize that. Maybe that will help you keep it in check while you are learning the ins and out of your new bike. She is a beauty for sure!! Thanks for sharing.

Old 04-18-2007, 04:14 AM

ORIGINAL: voodoochyl

Being a noob, id have to say this may be a bad bike for a noob. It inspires confidence quickly, and I can imagine it making you forget youre new fairly quickly.
It is good you recognize that. Maybe that will help you keep it in check while you are learning the ins and out of your new bike. She is a beauty for sure!! Thanks for sharing.
+1 but spinning the tire? my old 01 gsxr 600 wouldnt do that!! my 954 does!! was the road wet, dirt, dust, something had to be on it!! unless you dumped the clutch or something!!!

Old 04-18-2007, 04:50 AM

no, the tire spinningstartshigh in the revs in first gear, once I hit 15 mph or so roll on it hard and it accelerates, then eventually it just comes loose and starts spinning . Did it a few times on evergreen way in everett and the road was warm, in the sun, and looked pretty clean to me. Definitily not dropping the clutch, im pretty easy on take offs. could be a 4 year old tire after 1000's of heat cycles? Ill be getting a new reartire soon anyway, but after being locked in the garage for 2 weeks building this thing I just wanted to get it on the road in the sun.