Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fireman Arrested During Rescue

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 03:51 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Fireman Arrested During Rescue

there first priority should be to get the, and i quote "man trapped in the car with back injurys" out.

not worry about keeping 3 lanes of traffic open..

some people just dont think about those things i guess..not saying it cause hes a cop either.

Old 03-10-2008, 04:09 PM

well sense i work for public safety in my city, the truck was in the right, in a extracation situation the truck must maintain a box pattern around the veh that is needing emergency. hence what the truck was doing, cop was in the wrong and prolly got suspended for his actions

Old 03-10-2008, 04:15 PM
Old 03-10-2008, 05:05 PM
Banned

Classic example of why people love Firefighters (and Paramedics) and dislike the boys in blue. Whatever the case is, if I were on the jury, I would have awarded the Firefighter a million dollars to be paid from the PBA fund.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:06 PM
VP

ORIGINAL: SchiraF4I

I don't like that guy as a person not as a police officer
Well said!

I understand why you don't want this to be an "FTP" thread, but I mean, the officer was totally in the wrong here. This really was just a battle of the lowlife cop who just had to be in control vs. a fireman who was protecting his men and getting the job done as safely as possible.

Old 03-10-2008, 05:26 PM

I think that sometimes cops do not know when to apply the law and when use common sense...

That could be a good course for them and us regular citizens.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Power trip no doubt about it. By all means, you don't have to like this guy, hell, I don't. I'll even say it, FTG. Just don't want us to get back to where we always do with this type of topic.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:23 PM

This type of topic always goes "there" because it's what people think. It is obvious by the video who is wrong. I don't believe allreligious leadersare molesters but the evidence says quite a bit about the majority and the same for police, they are not all bad people but there sure is a lot of video backing up public opinion.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:39 PM
Banned

Goes both ways. If you've ever worked an accident a day in your life, you'd know the more flow you have the better off EVERYONE on the scene is.

AND - something people need to realize, is that policemen and firemen have been on opposite teams for a LONG time now. They both take shots at each other every chance they get, generally speaking.

This is an example of probably two men who knew of each other, if not physically known each other - in any case it became a situation that escalated because no one was willing to budge on their judgement.

The fireman could have not intervened, did his first aid on the vic and then talk later about the request to move the truck. HOWEVER - the paramedic - WHO's FIRST PRIORITY IS VICTIM STABILIZATION - WALKS AWAY FROM A VICTIM TO ARGUE ABOUT TRUCK PLACEMENT. That;s no good, now we have people puffing their chests back and forth and the cop had the bigger chest because he has arresting authority.

Two children trying to take over the playground. Nothing new but sure is disturbing to see two grown men acting like chi8ldren on the side of the road when people are obviously in need of medical attention.

There was a lot of traffic there, you need to keep it moving. After the first time asking, he should have reported to the rear of the vehicles and became a human traffic cone - funneling traffic away from the center lane and allowing slower vehicles to pass in the center lane.

The cop shouldn't have arrested him, should have went to his supervisor.

The fireman should have minded his own business and taken care of the patient.

The end, full stop.

On a side note, I think the cop and fireman deserve eachother, haha. Fools...

There are way more factors in this than people think.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
Banned

ORIGINAL: jackalo626

It is obvious by the video who is wrong.
Oh yeah? Who do you think was in the wrong? At what point did they become wrong?

Fact: Emergency scene-management FIRST PRIORITY - save lives. Second priority, situation management.

If lives are being saved or there are no lives to save, you secure the area. If no hazardous materials or threat exists - POLICE CONTROL THE SCENE.

That's fine the fireman parked there, but he should have moved when asked/told. It's not his call, it's PD's call. For the other medic to leave a victim to puff his chest is just as unacceptable as a cop who'll arrest a fireman on an emergency scene.

Quick Reply: Fireman Arrested During Rescue