Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Finished MSF

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 10:21 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finished MSF

So I finished my MSF got a 95 on road test. I also just picked up my 600rr from a buddy at work today as well. Took it out for test drive and Im still suffering from extreme adrenaline rush from the ride. I can't belive how well this bike handles and revs it was simply amazing there was nothing like it I ever experinced. I'm probably going still be doing a lot of parking lot driving before I take an long jaunts gota get used to the clutch on the RR. It was actually funny becuase those lil rebels basically you just let off on the cltuch and it jumped right into gear the rr's arent like that at all. So theres still plenty to learn about this bike before I feel comfertable riding on main streets for awhile. Ah well I'm happy and a little fearful at same time, becuase I know this bike is a little more than I should be playing with. I'm keeping a level head though I'm not going to be doin anything over 40 until I put some serous time on the bike. Wish me luck on this new experince you all in some way or form helped me get this far. Hearing all your storys of riding inspired me to want to go this far. I know theres so much to learn and I know you guys will be there to guide me in the right & safe direction. I'm finally a true CBR forum member today and can't wait to learn more!

Old 04-09-2006, 10:48 PM
Default RE: Finished MSF

oh wow, i thought u were riding for a while melantus. But good for you. You'll get the clutch down sooner or later. Just remember. If you stall, just pull the clutch in and press the start button. I still do it from time to time. Make sure you work on that throttle, like the MSF instructors told me, if you go into a turn too fast, trust your tires, and if you want, hang your body to make sure you make that turn. could be scary at first, but you'll get used to it. I'm still trying to see how well i can turn with only a few months experience.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:28 AM

Glad to see you took the time to take the class. My RR was my first bike and I can relate on the clutch. Took me some time to get it down and I still have a brain fart every now and then and kill the damn bike. I only have about 700 miles on my bike so I am still learning too. I think the turning is what gets me still. It is hard to trust that the tire is going to keep you planted on the ground. Hard for me still to really lay into turns. Best of luck with your new bike and be safe.

Old 04-10-2006, 10:51 AM

lol yeah on the rebel I felt so confedent, on my RR not so much. I guess we just need to get to know each other before I trust her to keep me on two wheels. What an experince though its like nothing else I am deff hooked. I'm going tuesday to get the good ol M on my license. Then prob reg the bike sometime this week so I can get to practicing this week and weekend if weather permits (which it should woohoo!!). I can't wait, but since I have been waiting since october I guess a few more days won't kill me. Its funny becuse I never wake up early aka 6-9 o'clock today though I was up with the rooster cleaning my bike and fiddling around on my street with her.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:17 PM

Congrats on finishing the course. I did mine back in October. On those 250's leaning was easy but with my bike I'm just recently getting a good lean on my turns. You will definately learn to trust your bike to hold you upright. When I got my bike I would just ride it in this big circle around my neighborhood to get used to it. Plus being in the traffic is a different filling than riding in a parking lot and that controlled enviroment of the MSF course. If will all come one day and they you'll be dipping your bike like it's nothing.

Old 04-10-2006, 01:39 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

congrats man, i took my msf course back in august, and didnt get a bike til january, so i had to wait some time. i actually trusted my bike alot more than the 250s we were riding, not at first of course though. i planned on doing alot of parking lot riding at first, i did for about 2 days, then i just couldnt help it, i had to get her out. and once i did i cant stay off her. i got my bike on jan 24. 06, and already have 3000 miles under my belt!

Old 04-10-2006, 02:39 PM

I love hearing from you all that the msf really helped you learn. Mine isnt until MFing july! So I have to sit and watch my RR till then only been hitting parking lots and stuff so far but i live in the city and there is always traffic so its difficult to find a good place. So for the mean time i dont really mess with her to much dont want to do something stupid, that class/instruction could prevent. Melantus, big congrats on the class and the bike!!

Old 04-10-2006, 02:51 PM

man july? Damn I don't know how you doing it. I don't think I could avoid getting on with a bike in my face for that long.

Old 04-10-2006, 03:07 PM

It sucks big time, the weather is getting real nice out, all my buddies who ride keep calling me up to go for rides/bike nights etc. I just keep her clean and try not to flip out. The thing that really stops me from sayin screw it im gonna go ride, is doing something dumb and really jackin up my bike so by the time i do get to ride my bike looks like ****. but at night when its quiet i swear that damn thing is callin my name(j/k) --