Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Anyone mess with your bike?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 04:07 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone mess with your bike?

Just wondering if anyone has had people mess with your bikes when you're not around...and friends being funny doesn't count. A friend at work told me a while back that he came out from the mall and some dumb broad was sitting on his Busa. He was not pleased and I wouldn't be either. If I'm not on my bike it's in the garage. If I have to run an errand I'll take the car, but just wondering what people do when you're not around that you've noticed or maybe even seen.

Old 04-03-2006, 05:45 AM
Default RE: Anyone mess with your bike?

Ive never caught anyone actually touching my bike but I have seen them very close to it and starring at it like hardcore.

Daniel Thompson

Old 04-03-2006, 08:52 AM

I had someone messing with my bike (several bikes ago) while I was at work. Got the Scorpio alarm with pager and perimeter sensor. Pager went off a couple of times but they were gone by the time I got there. After the alarm going off twice and me running out there, they stopped. They never damaged the bike or anything... it was a Honda Valkyrie (cruiser) and they went through my saddle bags but never took anything.

Now I am able to park right outside my office window. Still contemplating another alarm system.

Old 04-03-2006, 10:53 AM

Never caught anyone. I have it in the garage all the time though.

Old 04-03-2006, 11:29 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

sometimes i park mine by the front door at work, and one of the other guys i work with told me one day he was walking in the front door and some dude was just sitting on my bike. he says "hey man, nice bike. is it yours?" the guy says "no." so my friend says "well then get the hell off."

Old 04-03-2006, 11:55 AM

not that i know of, but you never know

Old 04-03-2006, 03:47 PM

when i park my bikeat home i park in my drive way and there is 4 parking spots and one of my neghbors lets me park in front of the car. wich is the first spot so there is 3 spots after that. Well one of my my nextdoor neghbor kept pushing my mirrior down so they could squeez by cause there too lazy to walk around one car. I caught them doing this and told them to quit being lazy and walk around they replied with dont park there than. So i put some wheel bearing grease on the mirror and got them all dirty when they when they touched it. So now when i hear them in there car i make it a point to take out the trash or something out and i drag it across the hood of there car and say dont park there i cant walk by and i am too lazy to go around you.

Old 04-03-2006, 04:56 PM

does the girlfriend count? i tell her to stay off my bike but she always finds her way too it. if not she always asks for a ride and when i offer her the ride she never wants to go. So in my book shes labeled as someone who messes with my bike [:@]

Old 04-03-2006, 09:44 PM

ORIGINAL: The Batwing

does the girlfriend count? i tell her to stay off my bike but she always finds her way too it. if not she always asks for a ride and when i offer her the ride she never wants to go. So in my book shes labeled as someone who messes with my bike [:@]
I think you need the proximity alarm to keep her from messing with it [8D]

I still don't know why people have to mess with other people stuff. Like I mentioned, my friend caught that girl sitting on his busa and I've heard of that before from other people. My uncle was telling me a while back that some clown where he works (before he retired) went over to his Harley and was playing with the throttle and everything else. This idiot kept twisting the throttle, and since it's a carb motor, it dumped lots and lots of gas in the cylinders and he had a hell of a time getting it started. Some people

Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 AM

last year i rode my katana to school a few times, and people were going through the halls claiming that it was theirs lol. thats the closest i've ever had with people messing with my bike (at least as far as i know....)

Quick Reply: Anyone mess with your bike?