Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

finally made the switch!

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 11:19 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

seahawks win!

Old 01-08-2011, 11:44 PM
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NateDieselF4i
Don't you worry Kuro - I have Kane on a strict diet of Shiba Inu hearts.
Kai's chest is bigger and thicker than yours. Kane won't even make it past his fur, let alone to his heart

Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Feh. Try a 7 system first. You can't judge all of pc-dom based on your experience with that dinosaur of a laptop. Macs are simple, but limited in alot of ways, most notably on the software front. Hardwares gotten better since they started using cpu's designed for pc's but the software is still designed for old people and hippies.
I had a brand new Vista laptop when they first started using it too. I didn't mind it but it took so long to boot up that I didn't ever shut it off. Cooked the hard drive. Then it was stolen.

I like xp but my hardware is just as dated as my software and OS.

Besides, I am a hippie :P

Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hangfire
Feh. Try a 7 system first. You can't judge all of pc-dom based on your experience with that dinosaur of a laptop. Macs are simple, but limited in alot of ways, most notably on the software front. Hardwares gotten better since they started using cpu's designed for pc's but the software is still designed for old people and hippies.
lmao that isnt true at all. Most of the big time movie, video, n photog editors use a Mac. Techwise there no diff between the Macs n PCs anymore, just OS. I liek the Mac OS but cant afford one (new that is) atm. Macs are only limited by the user(s). So if you dont know how to do stuff, you wont be able too lol. I've used a Mac b4 n didnt find anything I couldnt do on it I could do a on PC. Now if you're a gamer, then you're screwed, not alot of popular games out for the Mac.

Old 01-10-2011, 11:35 PM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a thread awhile ago about my computer issues. I did the same thing you did. Defrags, spyware removers, virus removers, and more. I use FF now and LOVE IT! Plus all i have to do is click a single button and im logged onto CBRF. haha

Old 01-11-2011, 12:56 AM

I use chrome...google runs my life.

As far as mac v. PC goes i would love a mac but will probably stick with windows. even tho a mac gives off the "simplicity" its so much easier to do stuff on windows.

Old 01-11-2011, 12:59 AM
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by revilingfool
I use chrome...google runs my life.

As far as mac v. PC goes i would love a mac but will probably stick with windows. even tho a mac gives off the "simplicity" its so much easier to do stuff on windows.
not once you're use to it. My sister and cousin just got MacBooks not long ago n neither had ever touched one b4 and neither would switch back now lol.

And I use Firefox, I tried Chrome and its ok, but didnt feel like a finished product to me.

Old 01-11-2011, 01:41 AM
Senior Member & tensioner mod inventor ROTM WINNER FEB 2013

I can tell none of you lot are Mac people. So much mis-information and assumed prejudice being spouted.
If you think that Macs are solely for graphic designers, old people and hippies then you've probably been walking around with your eyes shut for the last few years. Take a look at how many you see on TV in adverts and many other situations just for a start. Cancer research UK (for example) is a Mac based organisation. Those guys don't mess about and they need some serious computing power for the kind of scientific work they do.
Another interesting statistic....... in the computer market for computers that retail over £1000.00 Apple have a 98% market share.
I dunno..... maybe old people and hippies know something. He he!
Try Safari. You can download it for a PC too. Beats the **** out of any browser mentioned so far IMO although FF is probably a good second best.
Anyway, that my 2p worth. I'll stick to my Mac and its fantastic OS. I'd NEVER go back to a PC. I'd rather not have a computer at all.

Old 01-11-2011, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by PlayfulGod
not once you're use to it. My sister and cousin just got MacBooks not long ago n neither had ever touched one b4 and neither would switch back now lol.
you are most likely right, but i grew up in a windows world and coding programs on windows. My friends have macbook pros and i am jealous ill admit. But for $750 my now 3yr old sony vaio will still load photoshop like 5 seconds slower than their new macbooks.

everytime ive gone with someone thats getting a macbook, then end up walking out of the store spending right around 2 grand. For less than half that i can make better movies in sony vegas, preform the same tasks in photochop, or design something in autocad. (yes i kno that program is old) Now if we get into music i might stray towards the mac...yet again what about sony ACID?

if i could get the cash together, i wouldnt mind taking a trip to the dark side...... it looks fun

Quick Reply: finally made the switch!