Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Feminists

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 05:53 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feminists

Lately, with the given situation thats going on in my life, and watching how things unfold for others, i have started researching **** like mens rights, feminists, and a bunch of other things that make a pretty unique list of things to read up on. A female friend of mine...a very close one at that the other night told me "when women got their rights....men got put under the bench" And after days and days of looking at the way the U.S. handles these things...it's seeming that much more true. I'm not sexist or anything and i think that all rights are equal...but today in this day in age it seems the women in particular are trying to crush us and have us at their mercy, maybe not all women are like this...but its obvious that at least half(i'm thinking more) are. For example take these quotes...
Watch an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". His wife raises her voice to him, demasculates him, sexually humiliates him and insults his manhood. Listen carefully to every self-righteous, manipulative or sexist thing she says and think to yourself how the show would look if Raymond was the one saying the lines to his wife. Wouldn't it be domestic abuse?
A number of us - including the millions of children whose parents are divorced - also do not seem to understand that fathers suffer as much or more emotionally as mothers after a divorce. Indeed it seems as if people more readily envision the divorced father as a carefree “swinging bachelor” rather than as a depressed, lonely, disoriented human being. Many children, therefore, might be surprised to learn that men are more likely than women to become depressed, commit suicide, or develop a stress-related illness after their divorce. Most divorced fathers are extremely lonely, overwrought, and disoriented - mainly because they have lost daily contact with their children. Unlike mothers, almost all fathers are essentially rendered childless as soon as their marriage ends. In part because men are so reluctant to let people know how miserably unhappy and depressed they are or to ask for help, many people including their own children - do not appreciate the extent to which most men suffer after a divorce (Beer. 1992; Bender & Brannon. 1994; Buehler & Ryan. 1994; Depner & Bray. 1993; Flynn & Hutchinson. 1993; Kitson & Holmes. 1992; Kruk. 1991; Pledge. 1992; Pruett. 1992; Warshak. 1992).

Is it interesting how divorced fathers are more likely to commit suicide than divorced mothers? According to maledeperession.org men are far more likely than women to suffer from depression and commit suicide in general.
To re-cap what fathers face:

1) Having 0 reproductive rights
2) Paying for women to have 100% of those rights
3) Women having 100% rights with their bodies, and to decide if a man becomes a father, but only 50% of the responsibility after the birth.

They want to have their cake and eat it, too, while husbands and fathers pay for it and are constantly degraded on TV, in the legal system and women's speech.
And before anyone thinks i proposed to my gf and now i'm about to get screwed for life...i didn't. Since 1970 marriage rates in the U.S. have dropped 50%...the U.K. isn't doing so well either, and tradition goes...men propose to women, not the other way around, someone answer the obvious...men aren't going to stop proposing for no reason, and its not because we want to screw every woman that walks past us, marriage rates are down, divorces are up...and so are womens "rights" coincidence? I don't think so. Take for instance...if a woman is abusing her husband(things like this are suppressed by the media and feminists), and turns around and kills her in self defense, somehow he will end up spending the rest of his life behind bars...but flip the situation...and that woman will serve little or nothing. I'm not going to draw this thread out and make it very long, because i could go on for days about this...just wanted to see what others think. Let the **** storm begin.
-Wolfy

Old 09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Feminists

They have the po0sie and we get screwed, but we do it to ourselves.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:18 PM

The pendulum swings, womens rights (& other rights), gained momentum back in the 20's, think of it as a big freight train, takes a while to get moving & once its up & running takes even longer to stop. Right movements have been going on in a lot of countries, some are still struggling for basic rights. When I look into wots happening here say, I can't believe half the stuff, Religious, Ethnic & Legal, EG: When a gang of Ethnic youths 16/17 pack rape a young girl & get caught (they had apparantly been doing this sort of thing for a while) & say that basically their religeon gave them the right to do it (one guy actually said he thought that it was socially acceptable). Because they where under age (children) they were treated differently in the legal system & given sentences appopriate to their age. wot a crock. But thats just an exmple, wot I'm really trying to say here is that eventually the pendalum swings back the other way, and wot happens is a slow degrading of rights, fer instance, wots been happening in Australia since 9/11, we now have Sedition laws (which by the way, was the same law that they arrested Christ for).

Old 09-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Jan 2009 ROTM

I dont want to get into this much, but i can pretty much say i agree with you Lone.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:43 PM
Retired Moderator

ORIGINAL: lonewolfcbr
Watch an episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond". His wife raises her voice to him, demasculates him, sexually humiliates him and insults his manhood. Listen carefully to every self-righteous, manipulative or sexist thing she says and think to yourself how the show would look if Raymond was the one saying the lines to his wife. Wouldn't it be domestic abuse?

Not saying I don't agree with you or anything one way or another, just pointing out that ALL the writers of that show are males and Ray himself has input as well .. someone missed humor 101 classes that making fun of yourself is one of the best ways to get laughs.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:51 PM

Sucks to be a man in this century. I think it sucks to even live in this century. There are so many laws and restants that life seems so linear now a days. I would much rather have lived during midevil or roman times. I could seriously see my life being further long than it is in this time. I would be a grand architect and engineer or a viking warrior destorying random villages and raping their woman. Ya, i'd prefer the latter.

Old 09-23-2008, 06:54 PM

Cave men had it right, knock 'em out, drag 'em home and do 'em man style

Old 09-23-2008, 06:56 PM

Im with you 100%, Lone.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:28 PM

i agree with you wolfy but at the same time agree with thex cause men put ourselves in the positions.

Old 09-23-2008, 07:55 PM

I also think that women throw the words creepy, and harassment around too much anymore.

For instance, if a girl thinks a guy is cute, but she already has a b/f, the guy asks her out, but she says no and is flattered at the same time. If a not-so-attractive guy asks the same girl out, this poor bastard is labeled by heras a creeper and sheconsiders it as harassment.

I don't think it works this way for guys. Most women are chicken-****s anyways and will not even ask a guy out. Guys think it's cool when girls ask them out.