Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Family In Need Christmas Raffle

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2004, 06:26 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Family In Need Christmas Raffle

I found this on one of the other forums I tool around on from time to time. I trust that its not a fake, so I went ahead and bought a few tickets. They are only five bucks a piece, and you get a shot at winning a First Gear jacket. They are trying to sell 200 tickets so they can present the family with a $1000 check. If you guys could take a look, spare five bucks to donate, and maybe even spread the word with some other forums you are a member in... To those who donate- [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

1st Annual SBWS "Family In Need" Christmas Raffle

A message from Mark (Founder of The Sportbikes Website)

Thank you for taking the time to check this out. I understand this is very short notice trying to pull something like this off. The idea came to me several weeks ago after hearing a story from my wife. Christmas is a time for giving and it never hit me what good can come from having a large forum such as SBWS. I have decided to use SBWS in a way never thought of before. I encourage each of you to think about those less fortunate and consider either purchasing a raffle ticket or making a donation to this years family in need. I want to start doing this each year, hopefully improving year after year. Let's pull together and make a difference in someone else's Christmas this year. I will be presenting 100% of all proceeds on 12/25/04. If you live in or around Jacksonville and would like to join me, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mark

About Our Family

A few weeks ago I was taking with my wife about a situation that has been growing worse day by day. It involves a family we have known for a short time. My wife is a school teacher and that is were she met another teacher named Kim. It only recently became apparent the obvious need this family has. Here is the short version of what is going on.

Kim is the single mother of two daughters. Her husband had previously beat and abused her and the two children resulting in a divorce some time ago. She receives no support or help at all from her ex-husband who is nowhere to be found. While Kim is a school teacher earning an income, she never expected to hear one day that her youngest daughter (12) would be diagnosed with Lupus. Read more about Lupus HERE. The 12 year old has just received her first dose of chemotherapy and will continue for at least the next 4 months.

So where does that leave Kim and her two daughters today? Insurance is in place, but coverage and benefits are not enough. Just paying the bills to survive where a challenge prior to hearing the bad news. Friends and family have helped when they can, but the expense is overwhelming. Treatment and medication is very expensive which has become priority one. Aid from the Government is not possible do to her having a job and not qualifying. Simple things you and I take for granted are not part of their lives. Christmas for this family will be minimal at best.

I am asking for your help. As stated above .... Let's pull together and make a difference in someone else's Christmas this year. I am asking you to purchase a raffle ticket. I want to sell 200 at $5. That means we "SBWS" will be writing a check for $1000 to this family if all goes well. It is a small thing to ask for and I feel the entertainment I provide to you here each day is worth a small favor.

http://www.sportbikes.ws/family.htm