Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Fake Telefonica Movistar?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2013, 01:24 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fake Telefonica Movistar?

To this day, I've never seen a Telefonica Movistar CBR in real life. Were they even released in the U.S. market? From my knowledge I think they were only produced for the CBR600RR. Vice versa, the Repsol edition was only produced for the 1000RR. I've seen a couple of Suzuki's with the Movistar fairings several years back. Anyhow, I was just wondering if anyone has info on whether or not the Telefonica Movistar 600RR was officially released here in the states.

The reason why I'm asking is because I'm looking to buy a 600RR off of craigslist and the guy claims it's a "real" Movistar. I'm feeling like it's just a bs reason to beef up the asking price. Is there any way to tell if it's the REAL deal? I know the Repsol fireblades have special production numbers. The first four digits of the vin# has to under 1500 or it's a fake. I know it's just a dumb paint scheme but I don't want to get fooled into getting charged extra for eBay plastics...

Old 01-16-2013, 08:32 AM
Super Moderator and Official Welcome Crew Yeti
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

honda's movistar 600 was released in 2006; if it's not a 2006, that will be an obvious clue. here's a little info and a photo of the factory version you can use to compare -- most fakes won't be spot-on and there will be apparent differences.

Old 01-16-2013, 12:06 PM
Retired Super Moderator and Fighterer
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

as far as ebay plastics, you can easily tell them apart from OEM. the ebay ones do not flex, and the decals are extremely raised off the fairing. as well, you can tell because it'll be blotchy paint on the inside of the fairing (a quick view at the inside top fairing by the gauges can tell you).

the oem fairings fit perfectly. the decals do not rise up off the fairing. they flex as well. the paint is not blotchy anywhere