Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

F****in' PennDOT

Old 06-26-2008, 06:28 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F****in' PennDOT

[rant]
So I was riding home yesterday from work and get ready to pull onto the back road that I live on and something doesn't look quite right. Traffic clears and as I pull across I see that it has become a gravel road!!! Some genius somewhere decided to tar and chip it! If any of you are not familiar with this wonderful road renewing technology it is this: A truck drives down a road and sprays gooey tar all over the suface of it. Then another truck hauling little granite ball bearings proceeds to dump them all over the tar. Voila! New road!

I barely made it home in an upright position (the road has a 180 and a few 90s)and I've got some new scratches on the bottom fairing.I'm pissed! Why do they do ruin perfectly good roads like this and try and kill us motorcyclists?

[/end rant]

Old 06-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Default RE: F****in' PennDOT

Because PennDOT is populated with ******** who couldn't survive in the private sector. They also don't believe in having stoplights that can sense a motorcycle. In a city that has a damn Harley FACTORY, you'd think they'dconsider motorcycles...not so.

Old 06-26-2008, 07:47 AM
Banned

You live in York then?

Old 06-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have seen them do this to one of our roads ... I literally went for a shower one day ...came out and the road was all done!! ???

Then you spend months walking tiny little stones into your house and they fill your car and get in all the nooks and crannies ... they don't even fill the pot holes ... all it did was make the road all the same colour .. what a pointless thing to do??

Jules

Old 06-26-2008, 08:02 AM

ORIGINAL: eweppley

You live in York then?
Yup. You close? Drop by anytime...

Old 06-26-2008, 08:20 AM

ahh...lovely pennDOT...how can i start..well..going on I-380 they are working on bridges...3 of them..only one is being worked on at a time, and dickwads dont know how to drive so everything slows down to a crawl...

again on I-81 north of scranton...no reason to be traffic jammed...but people feel the need to drive 15 the whole way. this time there is about 10 bridges with only one lane open per side, and...yep...only 1 or 2 are being worked on... It pisses me off to drive home and be stuck in traffic for an hour to go three miles.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:21 AM

oh yea...

[sm=rant.gif]

Old 06-26-2008, 08:24 AM
Banned

I'm about 45 miles north of Harrisburg. I come down through there from time to time.

Come on up anytime you wantto slip and slide on $hitty roads...lol. It's a damn shame too! My road was excellent for motorcycles ...VERY twisty and the surface was justrepaved not4 years ago.Sportbikes are always flying up and down it...well...were...

Oh yeah...and they're working on 2 bridges not 12 miles apart within a 6 mile radius of my house. The detours and rerouted traffic through town is driving me mad!!!

Old 06-26-2008, 08:32 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just send a certified letter to your congressman and PennDot pointing out the dangers. Have all your motorcycle buddies do the same. Then should there be an incident, there is a record of the complaint.

Old 06-26-2008, 08:34 AM
Banned

It's the potholes that get to me here in Pittsburgh. I feel like I'm slalom skiing trying to constantly avoid them.