CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners

CBR Forum - Enthusiast forums for Honda CBR Owners (https://cbrforum.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/)
-   -   ever done anything to someone who cut you off? (https://cbrforum.com/forum/off-topic-6/ever-done-anything-someone-who-cut-you-off-43171/)

Bloodhound 06-28-2007 02:49 PM

RE: ever done anything to someone who cut you off?

I want some of those magnets!:)

And I do have a set of Icon Hooligan gloves with white paint from a Ford Econoline van trying to occupy the same lane as I...had to throw a left to his door as he was talking on the phone and trying to get intimate with me. He was scared s***less and apologized at the next light for coming close to hitting me...turns out he was a motorcyclist too...

900RR Puzzle 06-28-2007 03:33 PM

ORIGINAL: fuze

Worst i've done is turned around and gave the tailgater the finger. Ive been cut off so hard a few time's i've had to lane split to make it through a situation, but i didn't do anything but keep riding. I always think i'll do something, then i think what if the guy i go up to has a gun.
+1

It happens too often here in the "state of the newly wed and nearly dead" to let it bother me too much. I usually just try to stay as far away from the offender as possible afterward. It's not worth getting all worked up over.

BlindinOrange 06-28-2007 03:43 PM

ORIGINAL: WhiteDealershipRice

I've seen these magnets (some company sells them, I can't find the thread right now) for about $5 for a pack of 10.
Its like the Soccer (futbol) yellow warning cards they give to the players for un-sportsman like behaviour on the field (another infraction like that, and they get a "red card" meaning they are thrown out of the rest of the game, without substitution, and probably fined as well, so it's very bad for the team to get "red carded")

It seems like a very gentelmanly way of dealing with idiots on the road, with the exeption that you'll have to get close enough to touch the car... putting you at risk.

[IMG]local://upfiles/12341/BA43843DB88D4DEBA75C37CA6E29C8D7.jpg[/IMG]
http://www.netrider.net.au/?page=merchandise

jutsin 06-28-2007 03:50 PM

I was driving on the interstate in fairly heavy traffic--we were only moving maybe 30mph. I was in the far left part of the far left lane and I look in my mirror to see a caravan right behind me. I looked back and he was literally about 2 feet off my bumper. I reachedmy leg out motioningto him likeI would kick his car if he got any closer and he proceeded to gun it and try overtaking me in my own lane. I got off the road into the shoulder and let him by but my god what a moron. The funny thing is there was traffic EVERYWHERE so he had absolutely nowhere to go. I was PRAYING for the traffic to stop so I could pull him out of his car and beat the living **** out of him..but no luck.

What do you all usually do when you'rebeing tailgated? I usually do the downwards wave behind me motioning to "get back" but it rarely ever works.

Thack 06-28-2007 03:58 PM

In the morning when it's still dark. I let the dill holes go by and slide back behind them and position the head lite in there mirror. In the afternoon I let them by and when the traffic stops I wave by at them as I split. Every once in a while when I have had enough I creap the speed up on them.....it's pretty funny when they finally look at the speedo. I had a new toyota tundra up above a 100 a couple of weeks ago.

dizzie56 06-28-2007 04:23 PM

I could throw them magnets around like frisbies round here

VP 06-28-2007 04:49 PM

I got cut off by this lady the other day then I pulled up next to her... she didn't even put her phone down to acknowledge me.... finally I got her attention then told her she cut me off, could've killed me... she was like "you shouldn't be playing around on that toy then"... I laughed, grabbed her cell phone and threw it across the intersection

mkhaynesaz 06-28-2007 05:09 PM

^^^damn bro you are my hero ! ^^^ all i do when soembody is to close i try to find a way out ! then and only then do i start plotiing for revenge otherwise i think i wuld get caught up and wind up hurtimg myself ! but i did kick the **** out of a honda civc awhile back who turned into me and made me serve into the turn lane .. next light i caught him as i pulled up i kicked his car a the 2 cars on the sides of him got out to beat his ass (they seen the whole thing and they were fellow riders ((weekend cruizers )) ) it was great he ran the light and got the cops attetion that was sitting acros the street !

punchit 06-28-2007 05:11 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

I got cut off by this lady the other day then I pulled up next to her... she didn't even put her phone down to acknowledge me.... finally I got her attention then told her she cut me off, could've killed me... she was like "you shouldn't be playing around on that toy then"... I laughed, grabbed her cell phone and threw it across the intersection

Haha is that true? you staight up put your hand in her window and grabbed her phone? that is AWSOME

AudiCBR 06-28-2007 05:25 PM

****....i drive a stick shift audi and im not afraid to smash it or a person with it....i was driving over our reservoir one time and this chick was so far on my ass i could only see her dashboard....so i put it into 2nd gear and just dumped the clutch(at 65 mph)....i have never seen someone slam there breaks that hard in my life....no stoplights nothing telling you to slow....man her face was terror LOL.....needless to say she backed off....