Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Eureka!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2009, 03:11 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Eureka!

Have you ever had one of those moments when you find something that has been misplaced for an extended period?
I had mine today! While in Arizona on a winter get away in 2007, a buddy of mine was "helping" change a set of grips. In his bid to assist he snapped off the bolt that retains the bar end weight. "No problem", I'll get to that later. The bar end was set aside to complete the grip change.
The bar end was placed in a tank bag to be reinstalled after the trip since I didn't have the necessary tools along to remove the broken bolt. I returned winter in Alberta and since my garage is not heated put the bar end in a "safe" place to be installed on a warm day.
Spring came and I couldn't locate the part. I knew I had it so I wasn't going to buy a new one to relace it. I looked everywhere for it. I searched in the house and garage- no luck.
This summer I turned my garage upside down looking for the bar end- no luck.
So today I was going to fire up the snow blower and dig myself out for the second time this winter and reached to put on a rarely worn coat...there was a lump in the pocket.
Eureka! My long lost bar end was found!

Last edited by thrasher572; 12-10-2009 at 03:13 PM.
Old 12-10-2009, 04:47 PM

My kid lost one (just vibrated off) so I just had to order a new pair. Over $60. Merry Christmas to all.

Old 12-10-2009, 06:01 PM

It nearly drove me insane... I knew I had it somewhere. So it was a relief to finally find it.
It s too cold to work on the bike so I put it somewhere safe!

Old 12-10-2009, 06:36 PM

ive found money, lighters, phone numbers,multiple lost items in my jackets, every time it gets cold, i find a lost item of interest...it has become comonplace to check our coats when something is lost....hehehe ive got the same stories bud, funny how lost we are in our little worlds....

Old 12-11-2009, 12:29 AM
Official Welcome Crew Redneck

this happened to me last weekend. took a mini trip to Albuquerque to visit my wifes father. not cold enough here in phx for coats but kinda chilly in NM for me. found 40 bucks and a 1911 mag full of shells. usually clean out my pockets but instead it was like getting free booze...lol.

Old 12-11-2009, 06:28 AM

and what sucks the worst in my garage is ill take a small part off somthing and put it in a "safe place" , never to be seen again...somewhere in my shop there is a pile of goodies that will finish off multiple projects....my garage is like a constipated elephant....

Old 12-11-2009, 08:44 AM
Administrator - Retired
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haha! I find chit in my coats, too. Makin' sparks, I've also found magazines and money... lol..

And my garage sounds just about like yours, steve. And bambam, I do that "put it in a safe place" thing, too.

I also have a nice pegboard where I hang all my wrenches. I have every size ever made from tiny ignition wrenches up to like 1" 1/8. Currently, there is not a single dam wrench on that pegboard..
When it comes to 10mm and 12mm wrenches, I probably have 10 of each....and they are strewn all over the house. They're in the silverware drawer, nightstand, in my dresser, glove box, coat pocket, you name it.....but I can never find one.
I need to get more organized....

Old 12-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just a couple of weeks ago, I found a box of 45acp JHP's that I thought were long gone. ;-)