Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Etiquette while solo...

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2008, 06:34 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Etiquette while solo...

So you are cruising along and another bike passes you at a moderate rate...you don't mind matching that speed...do you slide into the 2nd position with the other rider? If you do, do you pull up next to the person at the intersection as if you were doing a group ride?

I was on the way to work this morning. I have zero experience with group riding when I past a harley. He scooted in the 2nd position. Didn't mind much...just don't know if that is normal.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Etiquette while solo...

It depends on the person...A lot of times I'll pull up next to somebody I'm behind and just start BS'in with 'em, and then I'll ask them where they're goin and I'll ride with them for a bit...If I happen to be in traffic with another bike, I'll position myself in a group riding position in the lane...that's just kinda habit. It's not really poor etiquette to ride with random people.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:50 AM

IF I get passed, I'll slide into second position then roll up at a stop light and talk. My justification is that it's easier for cars to see two bikes, rather than see one and not keep looking for a second. At a stop light, I'm just being friendly.

Old 04-17-2008, 07:41 AM
RCR

I guess I could slow down to see how that works.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lq9KzNOxOw

Bull**** you can be my wingman!

Old 04-17-2008, 09:07 AM

I usually clip in behind them in a staggard style riding formation. I give them more room than group rides because I don't know them and they don't know me. I won't pull up next to them when we stop, staying staggard, because again, I don't know them and they don't know me.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:22 AM
Banned

ORIGINAL: Manic

IF I get passed, I'll slide into second position then roll up at a stop light and talk. My justification is that it's easier for cars to see two bikes, rather than see one and not keep looking for a second. At a stop light, I'm just being friendly.
+1
I couldnt of said it better myself.

Old 04-17-2008, 09:44 AM

I usually ride up next to them, hit there kill switch and take off pointing and laughing.....

I have rode next to plenty of people i dont know, ill Share the lane with them at a light and usually just give them the head nod

Old 04-17-2008, 09:56 AM

I will just slide over staggered and then stay back at the light most of the time, but sometimes I pull up to BS.

Old 04-17-2008, 10:37 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It depends on the situation. Sometimes I pull up next to people, sometimes they pull up to me. If I'm passing someone I normally go completely around and give them their room just b/c I know nothing of their riding ability.

Old 04-17-2008, 11:27 AM
Banned

I ride staggered but far enough back that I don't get in his space, but close enough that a car won't slip in. All in all, I don't like being near other riders, if I have to be near them I prefer being behind them.

Quick Reply: Etiquette while solo...