Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Electronic Cigarettes

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2010, 11:58 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electronic Cigarettes

I'm thinking about using electronic cigarettes, cause it's probably only a matter of time before I start smoking again anyways, and smoking always helped with stress. What I'm wondering is have any of you used them before and do they work well, and if so who made the ones you use?

Old 01-15-2010, 12:04 AM

I don't smoke but I've heard those things are just as bad or worse to use because of the chemicals needed in order to produce the little baggy-things or whatever goes inside them. Something about similar chemical compounds to antifreeze, IIRC.

...and smoking doesn't help with stress, killing things in video games does.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:09 AM

Kinda hard to do that in between class though, taking long drags and holding it in like a pot smoker does though, really calms the nerves, makes your legs jello up. From what I gather the amounts of chemicals other than nicotine, which is technically poison, are insignificant. I probably get more diddling around working on the bike.

Last edited by dyracuse; 01-15-2010 at 12:12 AM.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 AM

Kill things after class then or start carrying a flask around. I quit smoking years ago. There's nothing good that will come of it if you dive back into any form of it and stay with it just because of a little stress.

Old 01-15-2010, 12:30 AM

I don't think advising a 19 year old to carry a flask around to solve their problems is the greatest advise, even if I was 40 it'd be pretty bad. Good way to become an alcoholic, I almost became one in high school, and it runs in the family.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 AM
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 01-15-2010, 06:53 AM

I think as long as you can hold out until riding season, you will be fine. You have a great form of stress relief in your motorcycle. If your not smoking now, it is best that you don't start again. It may seem hard now, but it will be even harder later on to kick it again if you start up again.

If you don't already, you could also join a gym. I have found working is one of the best forms of stress relief there is. Not only do you get to relieve your stress, but your doing it in a healthy way. I can't count how many times I've gone to the gym pissed or over stressed and left feeling great.

+1 on the flask idea being bad for anyone. Stopping one dependancy and replacing it with another equally or worse one is a terrible idea.

Old 01-15-2010, 07:25 AM

my bud bought an e-cig, and its pretty much useless... he went back to chockin everyone out...nothing against peeps who smoke,(ismoked for 18 years) but there is no safe cig, quitting smoking was the best thing i did, if your thinking about starting up again DONT, you dont need that ****...SEX is the best stress relief, try it ...youll like it...

Old 01-15-2010, 08:23 AM

I have read that the E-cigs are better for your lungs because your inhaling vapor not smoke, but way way waaaay worse for you mouth (cancer causing-wise) because of the chemicals.

Old 01-15-2010, 09:31 AM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raylee
Thanks for sharing! I'm passing that on to some of my friends.

Quick Reply: Electronic Cigarettes