Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

eBay shills @ work ?

Old 01-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default eBay shills @ work ?

30 mins back, i was looking for tail plastics in black for my 1000RR & found myself in a bidding match against someone who won

Maybe he was a committed buyer so more power to him !

Or i suspect he was driving it up since who in their right mind pays over a 100 bucks for a tail that costs 150 new ? I also noticed that he had changed his eBay ID not so long back. Maybe someone complained about his antics so he was forced to change his nick ...

Old 01-04-2006, 07:42 PM
Default RE: eBay shills @ work ?

One of them that you`ll never know, its very annoying when you seems to be on for a bargain then that happens.

Old 01-05-2006, 01:35 AM
Retired Administrator

I know a guy that was banned from eBay for bid hiking. He had several names/accounts and would use his main account to list the items. He would then watch the bidding and use his other accounts to hike the bids. Nothing happens unless some one reports them. If he made the highest bid, he would offer the second chance to the next bidder in line. That's how he got caught. A few bidders noticed this and looked at his past listings. They found that the same bidders kept bidding when the price was low... but stopped before it ended. Plus there wasn't any feed back on the non paying bidders after he used the 2nd chance offer. He had his account locked and that's it. All they have to do is create a new name.... eBay is a bitch.

Old 01-05-2006, 02:51 PM
L8X

nah, shill bidders are bitches

Old 01-07-2006, 07:01 AM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: L8X

nah, shill bidders are bitches
i search around on ebay alot but i have never heard of the term shill before. someone enlighten me?

Old 01-07-2006, 08:03 AM
Admin Emeritus & MVN
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ya, "shill" is a new one on me but I know what you mean. Hard to prove that the seller is bumping up the price but if I suspect it I leave it. Been offered 2nd chance a couple times but never took them up on it. In hindsight I spose I should've reported it as suspicious.

I don't pull the "wait until the last 20 sec to bid" crap. I enter my max bid the first time and if someone wants it more, God bless 'em, they can have it. Saw a used Honda rear cowl go for $170 about 2 months ago -- a sucker born every minute.

Old 01-08-2006, 02:46 AM

i work with ebay for a living shill bidding (meaning bidding that artificially increases an item’s price or apparent desirability) It sucks when that happens. But what also sucks is when someone wins a bid and never pays for it.. that just happened to me yesterday [:@] Sorry about your experience menefreghista. Just keep looking you'll eventually find it for the price you want to pay.

Old 01-08-2006, 03:19 AM

I bid hike for my friends [&o]

Old 01-08-2006, 03:33 PM
Retired Mod

ORIGINAL: 03 F4i

I bid hike for my friends [&o]
[sm=boosign.gif]

Old 01-08-2006, 05:35 PM

as much as i dislike ppl who artificially inflate the value of their items it goes to show that everytime mankind makes a better wheel, there's always some one who throws rocks in its path

as if paying out-of-pocket to fix hit-n-run damage wasn't bad enough, there's punky shmuxx who add insult to injury by wasting their time and mine with their shilling ... now i have to wait even longer on upgrades down the road

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: eBay shills @ work ?