Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

ebay help

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ebay help

ok i am new to the world of e-bay. so being that i have a bike and so many parts are on ebay i thought i would give it a shot .. well so far so good until last month . i was trying to be a good husband and buy my wife an i-pod .. no i went through all the bidding and didn't win . no biggie about 5 min latter i recive and msg in e-bay from a member saying that i could buy it .. through second chance.. ok never herd of this but ok he asked for my email and said my last bid he would sell it to me fo rthat price ....now i recived a email from e-bay saying ok you have a second chance to buy this follow these simple steps bahahha.. ok done now when it came to payment it asked me to use western union .. now i have read becareful of these type of tranactions but the email from ebay said to use it .. so i sen t the payment off ..and well that was on the 22 of feb and i haven't heard from the seller or recived the package. so i have tried to email ebay but they have not emailed me back and this guy still hasn't contacted me either .. so wtf do i do ? have all the emails and everthing so if somebody can help i can give any info they want to them this is just new to me so i am having a hard time figuring out what steps i need to take in order to get my money back or the product i have paid for .. thanks in advnce Big Mark

Old 03-19-2007, 05:11 PM
Default RE: ebay help

ur screwed

Old 03-19-2007, 05:12 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hrm...doesnt sound good Mike. first rule of ebay, ONLY USE PAYPAL. paypal is an ebay company and by using them you get buyer protection. they will refund your money on fraudulent sales or scams or just mishaps. however, there is a second chance offer on ebay, unfortunately i am unclear on how this works.

go here....

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?SearchHelp

and search for 'second chance' there will be several articles with questions related to second chance offers. i did not read through them, but it appears they can be of some help to you.

how long ago did you email ebay, they are a fairly large business so it may take some time to get back to you, but they are 100% against fraud and will attempt to help you, unfortunately as i stated before, the western union thing might come back to bite you in the ***. i hope you did not spend too much on it. good luck!

Old 03-19-2007, 05:14 PM

Sorry man, that western union crap is a SCAM!! much like craigslist any thing where you don't deal with pay pal is kinda shady.... i'm hella afraid to use ebay too!! I was gonna order some stuff and i dunno i guessi got cold feet

Old 03-19-2007, 05:16 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dont be afraid of ebay, its a great place to get stuff, you just have to learn to protect yourself from all the lowlifes who dont give 2 $hit$ if they rip you off.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:37 PM

A REAL 2nd chance offer from eBay will also show up in your My eBay page when you're logged on to the site. Don't EVER jump on a 2nd chance offer just because it comes into your email account. Make sure you check your eBay message box as well.
When using eBay, always look at the seller's feedback. How many sales have they made? How many complaints do they have? How long have they been a member? Is what they are selling in the auction similar to other items they have sold in the past?
I have been using eBay for several years, and have bought and sold 133 items without ANY problems EVER. You just gotta be careful.

Old 03-20-2007, 11:42 PM

I get that second chance thing ones in a while anything out of ebay is a scam.
had them email for second chance but i never went thru with it

Old 03-21-2007, 12:06 AM

NEVER western union anything. They do that because they know you can track it or get your money back. Sounds like you are screwed. Go see if they have a number of the auction you got it from, or email them from a different email and ask a different question first to see if they respond to that. Know what I mean?

Old 03-21-2007, 12:12 AM

Some sellers just aren't too great with communication either. Maybe the shipment has been delayed and the seller just has not communicated that with you. Check to see if the seller is running any current auctions, and like someone else said, inquire about it and see if they respond. I wouldn't assume right away it is a scam, but if it is, you are probably out of luck. Paypal = 1st choice, Credit Card = 2nd choice.....never use a money order, western union, or wire transfer......Hope all turns out well for you.

Old 03-21-2007, 02:01 AM

I use E-bay decently often and I try and stick to sellers that are stores or have ratings like a store. There was a time when I sold some tickets on E-bay and I didn't revieve the payment in a timley fasion (I obviously still had the tickets but it was getting close to the time of the concert and i prob wouldnt be able to sell them for as much) so anyway I filed a claim on Ebay which is what I recommend you do. I think you have to wait like 7 or 10 days to see if the seller responds then E-bay invesitgates and you will hopefully be eligible for a 'Final Value Fee credit' But im not sure how it works with western union cause I've never used it. Good Luck!!

Quick Reply: ebay help