Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ebay buying tips

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 05:40 AM
Muz
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay buying tips

I'm looking at buying an exhaust of ebay and was wondering if anybody can give me some tips. I've never used ebay before and am wodering if there is a technique to bidding and winning. Do you put in the max like it suggests or just slowly creep your bid up. Is there another way to do it. Let me know, thanks

Old 02-08-2006, 05:55 AM
Default RE: Ebay buying tips

Figure how much you are willing to buy it for. Go to Auction Stealer sign up, input the auciton number and place the amount you are willing to spend for that auction. Pay the extra two bucks and lower the sniper bid to 3 secs. You don't have to pay the extra two bucks and just go with the standard 10 sec snipe.

Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 AM

I just put in the top dollar that I want to spend and go from there. Make sure you research the person that you are looking at buying from. Look at thier feedback and see if they have had any problems.

Old 02-08-2006, 11:11 AM
Retired Admin

feedback is key!! Watch out for new sellers or bad sellers or recently changed sellers. Always check the shipping cost, many will make up for cheap auctions there. And be patient you will find what you want for the price you want it just may take some time. Dont always be so eager to get that first one you see. Unless you get the price you want! [8D]

Old 02-08-2006, 12:06 PM

CHECK FEEDBACK!! I normally don't buy from anyone who has less than 15 good feedbacks. Also, i ussualy don't buy from a seller if they only are buyers and havn't been a seller. Also, only communicate through the Ebay messeging set up. That way, if the seller does try to rip ya, it's through Ebays protection stuff.

By the way, what kind of can you lookin at? Slip on? Full system? Carbon can? Stainless? Aluminum? What's your preference?

Tylor

Old 02-09-2006, 12:45 AM

I tried playing nice on Ebay and got out sniped and had wins that I thought were probably run up by the sellers friend or something. Now I put a "watch" on the item in question and dont let the competition know I'm there. When the auction has 30 seconds left I come in both guns blazing with my highest conceivable bid, you often lose if you try to outbid by only a buck or two because of proxy bids. Maybe the item is going presently at 20 bones and you bid 21, maybe you win or maybe the competition has a "proxy" of 25 bones and has outbid you in advance. Maybe you are willing to pay 35 and no more, at 30 seconds left to bid there is no time to pussyfoot around, bid it all and leave no time for other snipes to raise and take out midlevel proxys along the way. If you are outbid it is honest, not because you ran out of time trying to win by .50c but because it went for more than you wanted to pay, I have not lost since adopting my new policy," All's fair in love,war and Ebay". I hope this helps someone, I type 3 words a minute!

Old 02-09-2006, 10:03 AM

Ebay pisses me off. I hate that I have to snipe everything just to get a good deal and with sniping I find that I don't spend to much. If I start bidding 5 minutes before hand. I catch myself saying, "oh it is just 5 more dollars" You say that a couple of times and you have spent too much.

Just my 2 cents.