Off Topic A place for you CBR junkies to boldly go off topic. Almost anything goes.

Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay

Well good thing this section is off-topic beacuse this post certainly is. if there are any seasoned ebay know-it-alls out there could i ask you a question. can you use a prepaid credit card to sell things on eaby, such as a green-dot mastercard?

Old 09-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Ebay

What do you mean use it to sell things? To pay for the listing fees? I dont see why not.

Old 09-27-2007, 03:34 PM

yeh mostly for that but also dont you have to have a cheking account to verify your credit card? and then how would someone else pay you (where would the money go)?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:38 PM

Usually the best way to pay for things online is with a paypal account, for individual transactions, not for buying stuff new from stores. You have to sign up for paypal, and to attach a bank account to it you provide the account and routing numbers, then paypal will make 2 small deposits such as $0.01 and $0.05 into you account, you then have to input those values into a verification page to verify you are the account holder or have access to it. You can also add credit cards and sometimes require a similar verification. If you have an account, you can then upgrade your account to a merchant account which allows you to receive payments from people. Start off by going to http://www.paypal.com and signing up....they are owned by ebay and have more than enough documentation on their site to walk you through the process of setting up your account. Or, I can help any way that I can. Just ask any other specific questions you may have.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:42 PM
VP

you realize this sounds like youre a scammer don't you?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: vpsophmore

you realize this sounds like youre a scammer don't you?
You talking to me?!?! I know, but why does it seem like he's a scammer?

Old 09-27-2007, 04:45 PM
February 2009 ROTM

If you sell somthing on ebay and is payed to you though paypaland your not verified it will show up as your paypal balance then you have the option of using the money on anotherpurchaseor have them send you a check.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:48 PM

ORIGINAL: oodie

If you sell somthing on ebay and is payed to you though paypaland your not verified it will show up as your paypal balance then you have the option of using the money on anotherpurchaseor have them send you a check.
Additionally, if you are verified it will still show up as a paypal balance, you just have the option to transfer the funds to a bank account.

Old 09-27-2007, 04:56 PM
VP

ha no rrasco not you

it sounds like someething someone would do who wants to create an account to take money from someone then close the account and since it's prepaid there will be no connection to him at all so he won't be accountable or trackable for anything missing or lost or broken or false...... (should I go on?)

Old 09-27-2007, 07:24 PM

well im not rying to scam anybody if your talking about me, been there done that (accidentally and took care of it thnx) the thing is im 15 and cant get my own credit card so...

Quick Reply: Ebay